Ray Fisher Returning As Cyborg?

Did anyone else see this today? I’d love for it to be true. Cyborg was a bright spot of Justice League, IMO, and Ray has a lot of enthusiasm for the character and the world.

7 Likes

We definitely could use more Cyborg on the big screen. I thought the original actor was pretty good in JL. I’m hoping this is true!

8 Likes

Agreed. It’s weird that they’ve just sat on the character. Of all the things people complained about in JL, Ray Fisher wasn’t one of them!

6 Likes

At this point, they could say that they’re throwing in the Legion of Super-Heroes, and my only question would be, “But are you ever gonna get around to making the movie?”

7 Likes

That would be cool – from what little we saw of him, Fisher did some great work with the character and part of why I’m looking forward to Zack Snyder’s Justice League is that his version had Cyborg front and center as the heart of the story.

What’s interesting is that this is not the first time this has been hinted at. When Rick Famuyiwa was attached to the movie, it was rumored he would be part of the supporting cast too.

And what’s more, if Cyborg is in this, and this is going to be based on the Flashpoint story, that opens the floodgates to more characters showing up. Could we see a full on war between Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman and Jason Mamoa’s Aquaman in this movie? :open_mouth:

7 Likes

From the sound of it, it was pretty much rolling into preproduction until Covid hit, so hopefully once things are a little calmer they can get back into it.

5 Likes

I’d love to see more of Cyborg, but until the 1st day of shooting begins, I’m not putting any stock on any specific thing supposedly happening

5 Likes

Cyborg was one of my favorite parts of that movie and Ray Fisher was great! Hopefully we get a lot more of him in the Snyder cut and future DCEU movies!

3 Likes

The Snyder version was mainly based around Cyborg, it was his movie. Check the latest Tweet from Snyder regarding this, too. :wink:

5 Likes

Mutual respect and admiration between Ray and Zack!

6 Likes

Love to see more of his Cyborg beyond Zack Snyder’s Justice League!!

3 Likes

It would be great. I do have a good feeling that Cyborg is incorporated to the story. Remember that scene from the Crisis crossover when Grant Gustin’s Flash comes across Ezra Miller’s Flash. As Ezra Miller fades away, he mentioned Victor as in Victor Stone. I feel like this scene might be in the movie. Maybe or maybe not. We’ll see when it comes to theaters. Since the Flash will involve the Multiverse, the Flash would of course go to different earths. And maybe Cyborg would play a part of it.

3 Likes

I would love to see him return as Cyborg! He certainly could have used some more character development in JL so im excited to see him get more screen time. Not to mention that new design he has at the end of JL looks really nice.

4 Likes

Fisher was great as Cyborg. Can’t wait to see his expanded role in the Snyder Cut. He and Ezra have great chemistry and even their scenes that Whedon did were fun.

5 Likes

This sounds amazing! I look forward to seeing him back on the screen

3 Likes

Anyone else sick of the Ray drama with WB? Provide details on the alleged abuse, or let it go…

5 Likes

There are often legal reasons for avoiding specificity. We’ve already heard some details about how bad Joss Whedon was on the set. More will come out eventually.

2 Likes

I think they need to cut ties with Ray. He’s burning bridges fast…

3 Likes

And what was the issue with Geoff Johns?!

1 Like

Geoff Johns backed up Joss Whedon when he was verbally abusing the cast.

1 Like