Ratings Dropping For Supergirl (CW)

Hey y’all!

Was checking out stuff online and apparently Supergirl is having some ratings issues. Personally I think it’s because these first two months of any new year are tough for any show (IE Awards Shows, Super Bowl, etc.) So maybe set your DVR’s to record as those are factors now. And stream it on the CW app. (I know it takes away from DCU, but this is a really good series to have on television right now.) Keep the Arrowverse strong.

2 Likes

Never cared for Supergirl, the only CW shows I watch are Flash and Legends.

1 Like

If I had to rank them as fits my tastes:

1. The Flash
  2. Supergirl
  3. Black Lightning
  4. Legends
  5. Arrow

Though with Arrow, I’m wondering if Infinite Crisis will be hinted at with allbof the Flash Forwards theyve been doing and planning for later episodes?

2 Likes

Shows ebb and flow. No worries.

2 Likes

The CW has already renewed the entire “Arrowverse” (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow) for next year, so “falling ratings” is a non-issue.

Black Lightning has also already been renewed as well.

2 Likes

Supergirl is the only CW show that I like. I only watch the other ones when there’s a crossover event. I just don’t really have time to watch many things at all these days. Does anyone know if streaming them on Netflix helps the numbers?

2 Likes

@iJest, that helped Young Justice, so I imagine the suits pay attention to the Netflix numbers for the CW shows too.

3 Likes

Meh,I’ve slacked off,haven’t watched since the AL storyline,also stopped Flash after Nora showed up.

1 Like

The CW uses many different demographics, not just the Nielson reports to make their decisions.

1 Like

If you’re talking about for the season, Supergirl got moved to Sundays to headline a whole new night of programming for CW. They’re bound to lose some viewers there, but it shows a great deal of confidence in the show.

If you’re just talking about 2019 so far, they’ve been terribly inconsistent with new episodes, making it difficult to keep ratings up. They came back on Jan 20th with the first episode of the new year, gave us one episode on the 27th, then skipped three weeks to February 17th and now we won’t get a new episode until March. Lowered ratings are expected when a show takes multiple breaks. They’ll pick up again once there’s a consistency to their release schedule.

1 Like

Just in time for Crisis in Inifinite Earths. May be the perfect ending for Supergirl.

:wink:

1 Like

Can’t… handle… that… again… aaack. :smiley: Too soon.

I want the show to go on indefinitely, but should they plan on cancelling it for some horrible reason, they might as well give us the original adaption. It would be really messed up if they killed Ollie or someone else during COIE only to cancel the show anyways.

1 Like

Honestly, I wasn’t really a huge fan of the Supergirl show. Arrow is great though.

Since my earlier comment apparently got ignored, let me repeat myself with “ALL CAPS” emphasis:
SUPERGIRL HAS ALREADY BEEN RENEWED FOR A FIFTH SEASON, SO “FALLING RATINGS” MEAN NOTHING.

3 Likes