Rank The Top 5 Worst DC Live Action Films

There are often posts about Batman & Robin, Superman III and Superman IV as bad or the worst DC films. So I’m curious how you’ll rank the top 5 worst of all time!

For me…

1 - 1997 Justice League of America TV movie
2 - Steel
3 - Catwoman
4 - Supergirl
5 - Superman IV

That’s right, Batman and Robin is the worst bat film but not even in the top 5 worst in general DC. Superman III is bad but there are way worse films

The JLA tv film was like a youtube fan film but made partially as a joke. Steel had Shaquille O’Neal in the lead role and it was like an original superhero film but used the DC/Steel license

I love how so many people hate on DC movies now, but they forget about all of the horrible ones we’ve had in the past. Makes me grateful seeing how far we’ve come.

1 Like

I haven’t watched many bad DC films so here’s my list:

1. Catwomen

2. Suicide Squad

3. Justice league

I’m removing Superman IV from my #5 spot and replacing it with Superman vs The Moleman. That one is worse than Supergirl though

1. Steel
  2. Catwoman
  3. Jonah Hex
  4. The Return of Swamp Thing
  5. Superman IV

Oh damn. I’ve always loved the Swamp Thing movies, show and cartoon but deep down, I know they ain’t good lol

Return of Swamp Thing being in the top 5 worse films is probably very legit

1. Return of Swamp Thing
  2. Catwoman

…um, that’s all really. Steel’s not an overly good movie but it’s heart is in the right place and it has it’s moments, the same applies to Superman III and IV. Despite their faults (and they do have them), there’s enough good things in each to make me like them. I’ll admit, I’m easy to please when it comes to DC. I always look for the positives and focus on them.

Catwoman though…gee whiz Wally, what a loaded litter box of a flick that was! Someone should scoop up that pile of contradictory, lazily written cat sh** and toss it in the garbage toot sweet! Or let the cool cats at MST3K get their claws in it. That would make me a happy cat to see them tear into that diseased mouse of a flat out awful waste of film (and talent…what? There were some talented people collecting an easy check in that collection of cat vomit).

I last saw Return of Swamp Thing when I was 6 or 7. Thought it sucked then. Maybe if it pops up on TV, I’ll give it another whirl sometime. The one thing I liked about it when I was a tot was Heather Locklear. The rest of the movie was a pile of swamp rot.

2 Likes
  1. Catwoman (worst superhero movie of all time.)
  2. Steel
  3. Suicide Squad
  4. Batman v Superman (both versions)
  5. Justice League

You’re #4 and #5, Blasphemy!

3 Likes

Catwoman sucks (bad kitty!) but I wouldn’t call it the worst ever. Darn close though.

1 Like
  1. Catwoman
  2. Batman v. Superman
  3. Man of Steel
  4. Batman & Robin
  5. Batman Forever

If it was a movie instead of a 2-part TV special, I would have listed Legends of the Superheroes as #2. That was truly horrendous!