Question regarding timing of content

Curious on people’s thoughts in these regards.
There seems to be a lot of people who are disproportionately upset about things that are seemingly just a part of life. In this instance, it’s the idea of having to wait until June for more YJ:O. And in a couple of weeks, I can already predict these people getting upset that they will have to wait a week for episode 2 of Doom Patrol.

My question is, do you think this is an age-t6elated thing? Are there people young enough here to not ever have lived through a time when we had to wait until “the same bat-time, on the same bat-channel” next week?
I dont consider myself to be that old, but I did grow up in the before-time of Netflix.

I’m just trying to understand the amount of malice towards the DCUniverse service and the world Iin general because we have to wait for content creation. I truly don’t get it. Content osn’t just imagined and then appears completed out of thin air. It takes work, it takes time, and it takes meetings with executives at studios who think they know more than the actual content creators about what people really want, etc.

And as far as I can see, this service didn’t surprise anyone (intentionally) by just stopping posting new episodes the following week (staying with the YJ:O example). They wer re pretty upfront about the fact it would be a half-season and then a break, with the second half-season coming in June. Sure, they did say when the service started that they had a “goal” of releasing new content each week. But it was never guaranteed. And all things considered, having gone since the beginning of Titans, into YJ:O, and now having to wait 2 weeks or ap before the release of Doom Patrol, isn’t really an unreasonable thing.
Is it just me? Or am I missing something?

Anyways, to conclude, my message to the DCU team: Haters gonna hate. And you can’t do much about it. If you fixed everything they are complaining about now, they would just find something else to complain about. And know that at least some of us out here are truly appreciative of what this service has to offer. I know it may not seem that way, because many people won’t go out of their way to give positive feedback.

7 Likes

In some cases, it’s clearly a lack of maturity as well as a lack of paying attention to the news.

3 Likes

Great post

1 Like

I have to ask… did you choose the name Mr. Nobody because of the movie? Have you seen it?

1 Like

You’re right on the money. Great things come to those who wait.

2 Likes

I know the feeling…

1 Like

@haruthecatgirl
Mr. Nobody is actually one of the villains in the Doom Patrol comics.

I read that he is in the show played by Alan Tudyk. He’s such a weird villain. I can’t wait to see how they portray him in a live action show. I really hope he isn’t just cgi and voiced by the actor or something. No idea how they can pull that off though.

Some people like to binge shows. I know people who actually wait until season is over (or close to it) so they can watch them one after another at their own pace.

I understand why some people prefer DCU shows to be released in bulk. I don’t understand why they feel they’ve been wronged in some way if DCU chooses not to. That’s probably a lack of maturity right there.

Veronica Salt Syndrome is what I call it If you don’t know she a character in Charlie and the chocolate factory. I want it now

2 Likes

I think alot of people just want to sign up for a month, binge the show they’re interested in and disappear until the release of the next season.

1 Like

Then they should wait for the show to air the full season before subscribing to the service

@Mr Nobody… I’m so embarrassed to say that I did not know that… great movie tho