Question From the DC Universe Office: Is Superman actually Santa Claus?

What comics is that?

Darkseid could be santa he does have boom tube technology

parademons_new_earth

Yup! These are obviously his worker elves :smiley:

5 Likes

In DC Rebirth Holiday Special (2016-) #1 (which World of Wonder is reading this week), Harley helps out Santa by borrowing Krypto from Santa’s neighbor. Sure, Santa could have used his superspeed to run over to the Fortress… Enter exhibit B!

Santa and Superman were photographed together. Santa enlists the help of Superman from time to time, but they are not one in the same.

5 Likes

Santa and Superman are neighbors. Since Clark is a nice guy, he helps jolly old St. Nick with deliveries.

2 Likes

Somewhere in the multiverse, Santa Clark is getting ready for his annual sleigh ride.

But on Earth-1, Santa Claus worries, as he does every year, that some naughty super-villain has a nefarious plan to disrupt the yule tide

But Superman stands ready to defend the jolly old elf…

2 Likes

If Santa was a bit behind you think it’s possible that Superman would help him by reversing the time a bit like he did in the 1978 Superman movie? Think about it, Santa would be grateful for his help. :santa: :superman_hv_3:

1 Like

No, Clark’s reaction to ma and pa not giving the old man credit for the lead wrapping paper in “comfort and joy” is proof at least that Superman is not Santa. Don’t sleep on flash tho

3 Likes

Now there’s a theory I didn’t expect to hear! If anyone could eat millions upon millions of plates worth of cookies in one night, though…

2 Likes

Even the most die hard Superman fan can’t buy this theory, as the tales of Santa Claus clearly pre-date his arrival on earth.

I can see, as the general population grew in the post WWII era (OK Boomer, as it were) he might have gotten both Superman and the Flash to assist. Flash actually doing the deliveries, what with being able to vibrate through walls and all. And Superman acting as a delivery service to the Flash and providing security and flight pattern assistance. Especially now when commercial jets fly on the late night/early morning of the 24th/25th and with the advent central heat/central air systems plenty of condos, apartments and houses don’t have chimneys. So Flash being able to vibrate through wall would come in very handy.

Superman might do volunteer work for Santa over the course of the year, whether helping in the workshop or wrapping presents. (Given the general thickness of wrapping paper, Superman’s speed would be better suited than Flash.

With Flash and Supes busy that night. Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Power Girl, etc. (think mostly JLA, JLI, & Titans and a few others) Are covering larger patrol areas that night as well.

When you break it down, it is really a major DC team up. A lot more characters than just Superman and/or Flash are required. And I think they all do it joyously.

4 Likes

Santa is a separate canonical character in the dcu. He is canonically stronger than super man and many other characters even though he isnt normally a fighter.

3 Likes

You just joined at 8:30am today. Dang, you are the first person I’ve seen the day they joined. I hope you like the app as much as I do! Happy Holidays!!!

2 Likes

Yes, it would

2 Likes

I think this may have been the wrong question all along–

Has anyone seen DON-EL the same time as SANTA CLAUS?

2 Likes

If any DC character is Santa, it’s obviously Batman. Only works at night by way of extreme stealth, always knows whose been naughty, wears a huge belt, tools around in a customized flying vehicle.

Need I go on?