Question for the Action Figure Collector’s

So I’ve been collecting for a couple of years now and have a bunch of stuff. When i first started collecting i opened everything, the past two years or so I’ve been keeping everything in box and carded. I now have a lot of figures in box and brand new, so my question is should i open them all and display them? I have them on display just in boxes for now.

1 Like

I have figured open and on display and I have in their packaging and on display. Then I have still other box open and not stored away for the time being.

I know not much help. My point is I go through phases. When it came to Palisades Muppets I opened them and displayed them. As well as most Mattel DCU Classics line. Most Star Wars stuff is in packaging.

I don’t just open everything and I can’t keep everything packaged. I stay in the middle with some of each.

2 Likes

@jackknight_73 Palisades’ Muppets was a great, GREAT line. Its too bad their Sesame Street line never saw the light of day.

Regarding your inquiry @LEXC0RP, I say open what you want, and keep carded/boxed what you want. You don’t need a one size fits all approach, just do what feels right for each given figure.

I generally open my figures, and for currently available figures that I really dig the carded look of, I’ll snag a double to keep carded. Otherwise, everything gets opened.

1 Like

I open everything. I make sure they’re displayed in a manner where they are taken care of…in a glass display case, or out of reach of children (my kids know better, but visitors not so much). Something about unpacking a figure, feeling the heft and quality…slightly posing just right and placing in the right spot on my shelf. Also space is very limited in my case, so elaborate poses and carded display are out of the question. Having said that, for stuff like Mezco, Sideshow, and expensive statues, the packaging gets kept in storage with most accessories inside.

2 Likes

Thanks @moro and @Vroom! I knew you two would answer, y’all are my collector crusaders. Thanks for the input guys. I just been conflicted with this for a while.

2 Likes

You should Display this them if you’re going to buy a $20 fully articulated action figure why not articulate them. Plus it looks cool when you get a lot of them because then you have a small army

1 Like

I do both but I only open the ones I know I would never sell

awesome! Think just open.