proud

So after trying for like 10 years, I finally got my father to read The Life and Death of Superman by Roger Stern. Took him about a week on and off. A few minutes ago when he gave it back to me after finishing, he (a man whose passion for reading has helped me define my own, though his tends towards the fact based and non-fiction non-whimsical realms of writing) told me it was one of the best stories he had read in years and he should have taken my advice sooner.

We spent almost an hour talking superheros and scifi in general. Something he never does.

So ya :slight_smile:

16 Likes

@altorrez83 - That is incredible! This is one of the reasons that comics are, and always will be, an important part of my life and society, in general. Thanks so much for sharing this with us and I hope that you both have many more conversations like this to come! <3

5 Likes

That’s great, glad to hear Superman united you in conversation. Hope it’s the first of many such chats =)

3 Likes

That’s amazing! I’m happy for you both

3 Likes

I knew superman was the right kind of iconic character that my father could appreciate more so because of his values than his actual powers and abilities…lol plus my pops is from kansas too.

4 Likes

That’s awesome. My dad has supported me in everything. He watches all the DC movies with me & I pause & explain all the easter eggs & important stuff to him. He loves it now too. He searches for figures for me at stores & comic shops. I told him I have too many already but he is getting as addicted as I’ve been since I was a kid.

1 Like

That’s a great story. I’ve been trying to get my dad to read Watchmen or All Star Superman. In my opinion those are some of the best stories ever told.

2 Likes

Watchmen is next on me & my dads list. I told em it’s my number 1. I know he’ll love it.

1 Like

I just saw this thread for the first time, but I had to comment because it made my heart swell- what a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like