Preferred Way of Reading Comics

So what way do you prefer to read your comics?

Do you prefer to read the entire series at once, do you prefer to read a story arc at a time, do you read a issue of each series at a time as they were released?

Edit: I mean back issues/ older comics not newly released or on going series.

2 Likes

It depends on the series for me. For the stuff I’m actively following I tend to let the single issues collect over time and then read a bunch at once. I’ve got a giant stack next to my bed right now that I still need to get through o__o

If it’s a series I’m only kinda in to I’ll let graphic novels build up and then read them all at once. One of the greatest disappointments is when graphic novels skip issues cause I’m completionist and I want everything together. Or when graphic novel collections get randomly cancelled.

If I’m only vaguely interested I’ll wait until a whole series is on sale at comixology and then read them digitally.

1 Like

It varies for me. With ongoing series I just read them as they come out. With older titles, I tend to read one issue a night.

2 Likes

as graphic novels when possible

1 Like

With modern comics, I find it necessary to read them as full story arcs. Single issues no longer deliver enough of a story to warrant reading on their own.

1 Like

Yes I meant older series not new ones.

I’m starting to think wait until I got a complete story arc or a stack of issues before reading them. I read so many comics that it’s hard for me to keep up when reading month to month. I end up forgetting a lot or loose interest.

Unless it’s something I’m really interested in like the current run on Batman I prefer waiting until I can read a bunch of issues in a row.

2 Likes

I agree I hate when they leave issues out of a trade or Omni. However I’ve noticed that the reason why they normally do that is because that issue had nothing to do with the story in the trade/Omni or it was written by someone different because a lot of trades/ omnis are collections from a certain writer.

I’ve noticed that over the years you sometimes get a random issue that’s a stand alone story that goes in between a certain story arc/event. I guess they do this when they get behind or have to take a break.

2 Likes

Most of the time I like to read them a story arc at a time because I can rotate through a few titles and the story break is a good temporary stopping place.

1 Like

I devour arcs, runs, entire Time lines! Hahaha! Lately I’ll start with an arc and move on to an entire series of some side character I came across during the arc! I used to justeread all I could about a specific character but now I’m starting to venture out to read about obscure characters that don’t get much spotlight (bit are some of the best stories I’ve read)

1 Like

Usually read the entire run. I habe cleaned out just about every Wonder Woman comic over the last few weeks. Starting Justice League now.