Praise for Starman article

Afterrreading the amazing article on why we SHOULD be binging (which BTdubs, can we use a different word for this?) the amazing final Starman series, I was reminded of how amazing this series actually was. I was a teenager during the release of this series, and IMMEDIATELY fell in love with Jack Knight. He was, hands down, the most punk rock of the superheroes, John Constantine probably not withstanding. He was truly just one of us. Had a family, ran an album store, eschewed the “family business”, and was totally put upon by having to step in hisbrother’s shoes. I wholeheartedly agree this is a series almost nobody will remember having read. Thats perhaps my favorite aspect of the DC Universe, having the opportunity to reminisce with like minded individuals over subjects that only bring back great memories. Jack knight found he had to put his personal happiness aside, say goodbye to his loving family for a while, and do what was asked by the universe (quite literally) to ensure the safety for everyone. His journey through space was perhaps the greatest storylines ever written, and shows how anyone should be able to accept anyone for anything and everything. Please give this series a try, if anything, it’ll give you a different idea of what a super hero should be. God I absolutely LOVE his Sheriffs badge. I want one soooooo bad, I’d wear it DAILY!!!

1 Like

It’s one of my favorite series of all time. Also, I’m with you on trying to hunt down the badge. It’s next to impossible. That and the pin they came out with.

1 Like

Hey, hey, hey! I recently discovered Jackie boy and lemme tell you he’s my new favorite! I’m envious of anyone who hasn’t read about him yet! The stories are wicked awesome! And howsabout The Shade? Rock n roll! Is there anywhere else I can read about opal city’s greatest hero? The yearly visits with his dead brother were so cool!

1 Like

You got it brutha! I’m super jelly you got to read it for the first time! It’s always been one of those “yeah I don’t think I’m gonna bring this subject up anymore cause most people have no idea what I’m talking about” kinda situations!!

1 Like