Powerpuff Girls Live Action

don’t forget they couldn’t pronounce the main charcter’s name, the whole movie is so bad but not in it so bad it is funny kind of way more of a it is so bad destroy the TV kind of way

4 Likes

I guess they were trying to emulate Disney’s the Jungle Book, and Aladdin both which mispronounced the main character’s name.

1 Like

it just annoys me cause did you even watch the seris? or did you just read a summary

1 Like

I saw a few episodes here and there. By now I am so used to names being mispronounced (like Dr. Seuss) that it sadly hardly bothers me anymore.

1 Like

yeah it a minor nitpick for me, you listed most of the main stuff, bad adaption of bending, whitewashing, pacing-which cut out a lot of heart ect

1 Like

I don’t know much about the live-action Powerpuff Girls show, but I can already tell it won’t be nearly as good as the original. The original just has a unique feel to it that cartoon network tried to recreate again in the disaster that came out in 2016. Personally, I’ll probably watch an episode or two, but I really don’t have high hopes. I think there are people out there who could do an aged-up version of the show, but it’s really hard, especially as a live-action show.

Basically, I have such low standards for it, but that won’t stop me from watching it.

2 Likes

Are they going to look human in this one? Because otherwise I can’t see how they could do it. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, but given it is CW it will probably get 4 seasons. lol.

Although to be fair the show was after my time, so I only saw if occasionally. So maybe I am missing something but I heard that before and didn’t get how that could ever work as live action.

Chloe Bennet colors her hair red for Blossom role.
chloeBennet

Of course they are going to look human. This is CW, not syfy. Could you imagine giant headed ladies running around. Would be entertaining for a 30 second clip but a tv show probably not.

That CGI version of the show was unwatchable. I’m going to give it a try.

Donald Phaison has been cast as Prof. Utonium. Now I want to see set photos.

He was so good in scrubs! I wonder if he is going to be comic relief or is he going to be more serious?

1 Like

Honestly, the only aged-up Powerpuff girls I will ever accept is the AU by @leecheedoodles on Instagram, it’s so well done that now it’s what I think of when I think of Powerpuff girls and Rowdyruff boys.

That’s some good art. Looks like she’s a real fan. It is hard to get past something when you have decided that it’s the de facto version of something.

First Set Photos

I’m still waiting for them to say “sike”

3 Likes

I’m assuming that this maybe a situation where they tried to continue like when they were girls then shortly realize that they should be doing something different.

1 Like

I love the power puff girls, but I’m seeing wrinkles in those outfits and I’m scared already haha!

2 Likes

:rofl: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That looks a better!

1 Like