Pour One Out for Vertigo

Apparently, DC has officially pulled the plug on Vertigo, in favor of a new three-line approach. Let’s raise a toast to the line that gave us Sandman, Sandman Mystery Theatre, Hellblazer, and so many more amazing titles that helped change what American comics could be. Karen Berger, Alisa Kwitney, and anyone else who was there, if you happen to read this, thank you!

8 Likes

Just to show I’m not rumor mongering… https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/06/21/dc-doubles-down-on-its-brand-unites-all-publishing-under-a-single-banner

3 Likes

Farewell, Vertigo. Thanks for all the great comics you’ve brought us over the years. I hope we continue to see creator owned titles under our roof, as it seems TPTB intend to do.

On the plus side, perhaps this brand consolidation means opening up more of the archives for DCU…

5 Likes

Long Live Vertigo

3 Likes

Sad news.

But… does that mean now that Vertigo comics can be added to DC Universe?

8 Likes

The line for waiting for the revitalization of Vertigo in a few years starts here

3 Likes

raises a glass of bubbly Thanks for the memories.

Looks like all Vertigo books will be re-branded over time as Black Label titles.

I doubt this changes anything for Vertigo availability on DCU, sadly. If it does though, I’d pull an all-nighter binge for Transmetropolitan. Again.

4 Likes

I my opinion Vertigo has been dead a long time. The line used to make a statement. But that statement was very exclusive to the time it was published. Now it exists in name only. And that’s not bad. It’s just that the industry and the world have moved on. It’s different now. We don’t need Vertigo. It served its purpose. Let’s let it rest.

Still, I’ll be sad to see the name user which so many revolutionary and timeless comics were published go.

3 Likes

Hail the victorious dead

2 Likes

A few years ago I dramatically downsized my comic collection. One thing I just could not part with is the entire run of Fables, my favorite long form comic story. Thanks, Vertigo.

3 Likes

I meant under, not user

RIP Vertigo. So many amazing series, mini-series and one shots. I discovered many of my favorites there.

2 Likes

Long Live Animal Man!!!

3 Likes

Personal favourite Vertigo titles of mine are The Losers (by Andy Diggle and Jock), Human Target (by Peter Milligan), Air (by G. Willow Wilson) and Madame Xanadu (Matt Wagner).

3 Likes

I read Y The Last Man and American Vampire

1 Like

I’ve been reading American Vampire recently. Enjoying it a lot.

1 Like

Air Fables Unwritten Sandman Mystery Theatre Y The Last Man Sandman all great Vertigo Titles.

2 Likes

What’s going to happen to Goddess mode and High Level? Those are the only two things I’m reading currently from Vertigo

RIP Vertigo. Hands down the most important imprint in comics history. A tip of the hat to the great Karen Berger and Shelly Bond.

3 Likes

Hellblazer with Grant Morrison was really good

1 Like