Post Cool Custom Action Figures You've Seen!

I like that! In the right shade of light I feel like it would look a McDonald’s mascot Superman. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

He’s super cool red and gold shiny. :smiley: :+1:

5 Likes

Ringo Mendoza is another of my favorites

Viola Davis as Amanda Waller

Nicholson Joker(s) (he’s got separate entries for a bunch of these)

straight repaint of Jai Courtney Boomerang by smallrepaint on Instagram (i carry a copy of this in my phone like other people carry pictures of their families, to remind me that there’s magic in this world)

7 Likes

Purty! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The Super Powers Batgirl we never got is also pretty. Definitely reminiscent of her Filmation iteration.

4 Likes

Jason Geyer…talented dude.

He used to post on the Toy Buzz board at Raving Toy Maniac in the '00s, and offered a lot of interesting insight into the action figure industry.

As for that artwork, I LOVE IT. Perfectly encapsulates the feel of the Kenner/Hasbro era, especially since the layout of his pieces is clearly inspired by how Kenner layed out product for photography in their promotional booklets that came with vehicles and playsets.

I miss those booklets. Sometimes, they were almost as much fun as the toy they came with.

4 Likes

customcave has a lot of really cool DC customs, but i think my favorite is

The Bottle City of Kandor

and another from EmeraldArcher, The Mad Hatter

51246-1

adi.batara/FUMan Studio does a ton of cool DC figures, like

Brother Blood

and Cosmic Boy, Sensor Girl, and Ferro Lad

and they even put a lot of work into obscure characters like Nuklon

8 Likes

Custom Classics Team make some great 1/6 scale cloth goods suits. They also offer painted head sculpts, which (I believe) are designed by others. This teaser has me intrigued, a Supes based on Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez art (check out the JLGL Batman & Robin in the pictures below to get an idea of end product).

More of their stuffs:

10 Likes

some more adi.batara/FUMan Studio figures

The Atom, Deodato Wonder Woman, Bleez, Flying Fox, Mongal, Katana, and Shadow Lass…they’re super prolific, talented, and they know their DC characters!

like i’ve never even heard of Karb-Brak and this mad genius made a figure of him that’s this good

9 Likes

Great Rao, why weren’t the above a wave in DCUC/one of Mattel’s other 6-inch, collector-based lines?

Those customs are beautiful (especially Deodato Diana, Aparo Katana and Mongal), so just imagine how cool official Four Horsemen sculpts would have been.

5 Likes

My idea of painting figures:

Grab the brush, stick it in freshly squeezed paint, apply.

Your little master class about pastel chalk and pencils is light years ahead of me, my friend. It’s like giving a kindergartner tips on calculus :joy:.

I do appreciate it though. Maybe one day… who knows!

6 Likes

Having just painted my first custom figure, I feel all this is my bones, @moro. :rofl:

However, doing it once has given me the confidence that I could try it again and improve. :grin:

6 Likes

I would invest in two things: ulta fine detail brushes and nail polish remover.

The detail brushes are time savers for painting small details like eyes, pupils, buttons, etc.

Nail polish remover (that’s 100% acetone) is cheap and will remove any paint you messed up or want changed. Be sure that you apply it lightly and be sure there aren’t two layers of paint.

^ like this for example. If you tried removing the pink from Jokers eyes, that white is also painted and the acetone will remove that as well if you rub too hard.

7 Likes

All of these figures from Custom Classics Team are fantastic but I really dig these ^^^ three. :+1:

6 Likes

8 Likes

:eyes: :smiley: :+1:

“Monkey work!”

6 Likes

A few more

9 Likes

:rofl:

“Boooomb.”

4 Likes

1970s Legion customs.

7 Likes

8 Likes

I’m not a Toy Shiz fan, but that is a nifty kitbash.

3 Likes