Post Cool Custom Action Figures You've Seen!

(this thread’s for posting any figures you’ve seen, not just ones you’ve made yourself, but those are cool too! and if you know who made the figures, please post their name with the photo, and a link to where they posted it if you can. but best not post links to people selling stuff!)

i’ve posted work by zelu1984 around the forum before, and it always blows me away

Animated Batman Forever Riddler and Two-Face

Poison Ivy and Bane

Animated Batman Returns Catwoman and Penguin

Poison Ivy

Sugar and Spice

artist Shinigami did a whole Reign of the Supermen series and it’s amazing

Superboy
Cyborg Superman
Steel
Eradicator

they do a lot of great DC customs, so check them out!

King Shark from Assault on Arkham by TOYMANCUSTOMS

he also did a whole Assault on Arkham series, so check him out!

toymancustomsks

14 Likes

That Steel :heart_eyes:. Do these folks sell their work? I can imagine sky high prices if they do.

I’ve been looking at Marsman1970’s work on ebay.

He does a variety of Super Powers customs. Some are painted 3D prints of difficult to find figures:

Some are based on that never released 4th series:
Golden Anniversary Superman

El-Dorado

That El-Dorado sculpt in particular looks it’s based exactly on the prototype that never got put into production:
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/archives/sp2/spfind/eldorado.html

Some are just pure what-ifs:

13 Likes

Sometimes they sell, and sometimes they provide the recipe/parts they used, too, which is really cool!

That El Dorado’s especially cool. Theenbedded jewel feels really authentic for an 80s toy.

7 Likes

Yeah… based on my recent experience with figure painting, it would take me ages to acquire the skill levels these guys have to make figures that look like they came out of a factory.

8 Likes

i know what you mean! i did find a shortcut to make faces look better: pastel chalk dust (chalk rubbed on fine grit sandpaper). if the surface you’re applying it to is unpainted or sealed (ie: isn’t absorbent), it’s a lot more manageable and forgiving than paint, and you don’t have to worry about thinning and drying. good for natural-looking shading over a flesh-colored base, especially lips. i’ve experimented with watercolor pencils, too.

everything but the silver metal, black hair, white eyeball and base skin tone is pastel and pencils

the pencils made for more natural looking eyebrows and the hair fade on the sides, and boy it made iris application easier!

10 Likes

Simon Bisley-style John Constantine by Briightcore Toys

that high contrast paintjob :star_struck:

Joker Batman Impostor by Nuffsaid

Tawky Tawny by Hagop

Houngan by 78t-topps

Keanu Reeves Constantine by 666incustom

10 Likes

EmeraldArcher is a master!

Nicholson Joker

Professor Pyg (they actually have three versions of this character! this is 1.0!)

Oracle and her workstation

10 Likes

and for Super Powers fans (like @Vroom) this artist does incredible action figure photography (this is just a small sample)

Screenshot_2022-02-20_23-30-02

Screenshot_2022-02-20_23-29-00
Screenshot_2022-02-20_23-34-43

11 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

:trophy: :00_shazam:

5 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

those are incredible! you got those guys a new follow

4 Likes

The Main Man and the Royal Flush Gang are lookin’ clean!

5 Likes

couldn’t decide whether i should post this here or in the Batman '89 thread: this artist, Jason Geyer, imagined the Burton Batman films continuing, along with the Kenner toy line, and made figures based on them:

i especially like his Killer Croc-as-the-Phantom of the Opera idea. (and @DC89, Christina Ricci Batgirl!) there are detailed pics of each individual figure on his Instagram page above, along with a whole bunch of custom Super Powers figures

(there are more on his IG)

9 Likes

I want them all! :eyes: :star_struck:

5 Likes

i want to live in the universe where these movies happened!

oh and since it’s pretty far down in his feed, here’s the link to his Batgirl

4 Likes

YES.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Snazzy Supes’!

6 Likes