Possible Villains for The Batman Sequels & Spinoffs?

I was being excited for Matt Reeves The Batman coming next year but I was having a thought, that I think is work talking about. What villains could be put into a sequel? Since there is many opportunities to put many in this new world with the GCPD spin-off as well, and the fact we’re getting a full trilogy, I think this is important since it can be anyone to face against the Batman himself. Like Mr. Freeze, Scarecrow, the Mad Hatter, even Two-Face and the Joker as well. So what do any of you guys think could or even should appear in a sequel?

2 Likes

There are plenty of Batman villains I’d love to see on the big screen for the 1st time or get refreshed cinematic interpretations, but I ultimately think it’s way too early to consider what other villains could work in this new continuity until we actually see the movie. Some villains might not work w/ the tone Reeves is going for, so once we get a full sense of that, we’ll be able to better know which rogues could fit in the GCPD spinoff and a possible sequel

3 Likes

I understand what you’re saying, but I just imagined a lot about villains that could appear in The Batman, with Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, and Carmine Falcone, with hints of Sal Maroni in an Easter egg in the trailer with that, I think that there’s going to be much more than this film for villains we’ll get. The GCPD show could be a way to put in villains if they’re never going to appear in the films or maybe both instead.

Edit: Reworking these villains could work well, with Riddler (a more flamboyant villain), being depicted as a serial killer leaving riddles at the crime scenes, similar to how the Joker in The Dark Knight is a manipulating anarchist, and how the Penguin in the comics was changed into a mob boss, so I don’t think it’s really far off to do that with other villains in the Rogues Gallery.

2 Likes

victor zsasz, professor pyg, Hugo strange, holiday killer/hangman

2 Likes

Basically all of them make for good detective thrillers like Matt Reeves will be going for.

I also pitch Mad Hatter for a murder msytery as well, where Alice In Wonderland themed murders or/and abductions that happen all over Gotham city.

2 Likes

Bob

3 Likes

It’s “Bob the Goon”. Just making sure you know.

1 Like

I normally call him “Bob, the greatest character ever.”

3 Likes

Well this is supposed to be Earth-2, so that’d only make him the number 2 guy

3 Likes

Deadshot

2 Likes

I guess it depends on how grounded they want to keep these movies.

I think Ventriloquist/Scarface would make for a good villain, perhaps as a rival for The Penguin. The classic could work, though I wonder if the second Scarface, Payton Riley, would be more interesting.

Firefly would work as a lead henchman, though I think rumors are that he’ll be a big villain for the Batgirl movie, so I don’t know if they would use him in multiple continuities.

Hugo Strange would definitely make for a good main villain for a movie. The same could be said for Hush.

Clock King could be a good henchman-style villain. They could do something where they play with time so traps and dangers could happen in real time.

2 Likes

I second the ventriloquist

3 Likes

Cool choice, but I prefer to have more insane villains in the films.

Just like the other one you’ve had, I also would like to mention Clay Face since a shape shifting monster would make it different from the Nolan films, or just have the original serial killer version from the Golden Age.