Portrait of Azrael (Acrylic on Canvas)

@Roger.1031 Azrael has always been favorite superhero of mine too. I fell in love with the character when I was a kid. I loved the comic series of his that started during No Man’s Land (which was an amazing story too) I like both Azraels equally but decided to paint Jean Paul first.
pulls out of back pocket here you are! @Razzzcat

I edited one of the photos to be lighter to pull out details. I painted this one especially dark.

Uploading: 20201119_123435.jpg…

13 Likes

Nice!

5 Likes

Very Awesome™:+1:
The hood and cape flow really make it feel ominous.

4 Likes

This looks fantastic! I love the dark color choice - it really makes the golden parts pop. Great work!

5 Likes

Thank you :grinning:! I wanted to give him a foreboding vibe. And I tried to make it seem like he was hiding his intentions inside his hood.

4 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you so much :grinning: he’s such a brooding and torn character, I thought the darker colors would help bring that out. Snd it ended up making the yellow pop out sooo well.

4 Likes

@Alanstamey2arts
Excellent art as always. Sorry I’m just now replying I have not been on here at all lately.
I do appreciate your work and tagging me so I don’t miss any.
Also I agree on liking both equally but theres something to be said about the first as Jean Paul Valley Jr is one of my favorite characters.

2 Likes