Polls, Polls, Polls: DC Edition Part 2!

12 Likes

I agree.

15 Likes

I have questions. Was there a time Shazam fought the planet back in the day? The planet had a face? The face needed teeth?

13 Likes

I don’t actually know. I just stole that reaction image from ReepDaggle. :laughing:

12 Likes

@HubCityQuestion

12 Likes

This happened in the 1953 story “Captain Marvel Battles the World,” by Otto Binder and CC Beck.

Fed up with humans taking advantage of its natural resources and wanton pollution, Earth begins acting up with natural disasters in order to rid itself of humanity. Captain Marvel does his best to fight back, but only convinces Earth with some help from the moon that it’s lucky to have even have life at all — and that heroes like Captain Marvel will do their best to protect it.

The Fawcett era Captain Marvel stories as a whole were a lot more whimsical than modern DC audiences may be used to. After all, this is the series that gave us Tawky Tawny.

20 Likes

Nice. Thanks. You’re brilliant. We could use a bit more whimsical these days.

17 Likes

LMAO, that’s some Captain Planet level whacky environmentalism, right there!

Also… I hate how that’s still topical and still a huge issue getting close to a century later… :facepalm_batman: Humans never learn…

15 Likes

Yeah. Same issue is perfectly relevant exactly seventy years on. Nuts.

13 Likes

Which Balloon Do You Steal First? #poll

in honor of Batman 1989’s 32nd and 11.7/12ths anniversary, which of the Joker’s parade balloons is your favorite?

16 Likes

like Helios, though we cannot see his golden chariot as he pulls the sun across the sky, we know it’s by his actions that the sun makes it heavenly transit; so, too, do we know that when a universe dies in fiery holocaust, WingsOfAether was there

12 Likes

There should be sticker packs of these for people of a certain age/fan base.

13 Likes

i’m telling DC! the sticker lane is wide open!

12 Likes

You must have missed the follow-up to the Just Imagine…Stan Lee Creating The DC Universe books, titled “Just Imagine…A Living Planet with Teeth, and How Big Its Toothbrush Must Be!”

The Jim Lee interiors on that one were :kissing: :pinched_fingers:t2:!

14 Likes

giphy (1)

19 Likes

:laughing:

14 Likes

DC needs to print me the rest of Golden Age/ Atomic Age Captain Marvel

NOW!

13 Likes

after the stickers

11 Likes
Which of the DC Trinity do you think has the best storyline in current ongoings?
  • Superman (Action Comics by Phillip Kennedy Johnson)
  • Wonder Woman (Becky Cloonan & Michael Conrad)
  • Batman (Detective Comics by Mariko Tamaki and/or Batman by Joshua Williamson)

0 voters

16 Likes

Tamaki in particular has me into the main Batman titles.
Dropped off reading Action until this storyline w/ the Authority title are on DCUI

13 Likes