Polls, Polls, Polls: DC Edition Part 2!

What Stargirl here said but with a French accent.

8 Likes

I live in Nebraska. Our French population is small.

8 Likes

Fun fact, Death of Superman was one of the first, if not the first, comic I read in collected form.

8 Likes

DC89 Fun Fact- my LCS in Chicago was a frickin’ madhouse that day back in 1992. :flushed: So glad that I had my two copies on the pulls (one to read, one to save) or else I would’ve missed out.

8 Likes

It is probably the 675650537081260 I read.

8 Likes

:eyes: :laughing:

8 Likes

The best Superman movie is definitely better than the worst Superman movie.

10 Likes

I started as a fan in a place where the nearest store that sold comics was about two hours+ away (well, there was an antique book store closer that always had a few bins with comics from the previous decade but no collected). I had no idea that there were other nerds in the world until I moved. As such, got all my comics in single issue form for a looooong time before I got my hands on collected and fell in love. Used to think “why would I wait and buy that when I can get the issues as they come out?” I had an interesting time of it so my comic habits are a little weird and out of order compared to others. I wouldn’t trade it though.

• No one asked
  • Thanks for sharing
  • I’m still recovering from hearing that there was a place in the world 2+ hours away from a comic book store

0 voters

7 Likes

Superman (1978) is tied with Death of Superman, though.

10 Likes

Just moved all of my comics out of my cardboard longboxes and into the black, hardened plastic BCW cases a few months back. I got almost ten cases of comics y’all. :flushed: I’m gonna thin this out a bit and donate most of my reader copies to a children’s hospital that I scoped out on the web. Just gonna’ keep the NM’s, Silver/Bronze age stuff, variants, and the super important issues.

10 Likes

YOU’RE GETTING RID OF COMICS???

11 Likes

Yeah, I did that too

10 Likes

Just the readers. Already have NM dupes of them all. Besides- it’ll be super fun for those kiddos to get to read the actual early days and origin stuff. :smiley: :+1:

10 Likes

:laughing: :+1:

10 Likes

I think I cried a little when I swapped some single issues of NML for collected. I didn’t have space for both, don’t judge me!

(actual pictures of me and my issues of NML parting. You should have seen the postman’s face)

10 Likes

:laughing: :hugs:

See, that’s the thing about our collections- the huge amount of space they take up. Add in any statues, figures, and other related stuff and you’re looking at needing an entire room devoted to it.

8 Likes

So… your own personal Bat Cave? :grin:

9 Likes

Yup.

:laughing:

12 Likes

:+1: :+1: Right on! :grinning:

7 Likes

Wait that’s actually amazing!

9 Likes