Polls, Polls, Polls: DC Edition Part 2!

They were…and they also cemented the idea that I had two of the few good Adam Sandler movies on my mind at the time (along with Cheers and The Simpsons, two of the all-time best sitcoms), evidently.

Ah, a Cheers fan, I gather. You know the Donnerverse alum that’s part of Cheers, yeah?

Likewise.

I had the same Ledger Joker-based thought about Ultra that I did about DCU in spring of 2019 when they got the entire (mostly entire) digital library and announced new books would arrive a year after their release:

“You’ve changed things…forever.”

Change is good though, so I’m quite excited for what the future holds. Should be good times.

8 Likes

John Ratzenberger appeared in a wee bit role in Superman The Movie as one of the missile controllers, I think :slightly_smiling_face:. Yeah I’m a Cheers fan. They don’t make TV like that anymore.

9 Likes

Cheers is good stuff. I’ve been a fan since I was a kid and I still enjoy it.

Are you interested in the Frasier reboot/follow-up?

SN: Yep, Ratzenberger was in STM and Superman II.

“What’s a curl?”

8 Likes

Remember when I did this?

DC Comics 2021: A Chimp Ranking

Should I do it again for 2022 comics?

• Yes
  • I hate fun ideas.

0 voters

11 Likes

I don’t usually stick around for end credits, but given who’s rumored to show up in this one, yeah… I’m staying.

8 Likes

Ok, had my movies/scenes crossed. Got the guy right though!

8 Likes

I don’t hate fun ideas, but how about you change it up: instead of ranking ‘em, pick your favorite and your least favorite and talk about ‘em.

7 Likes

If you hear a shriek of pure delight at that point in the movie, that’ll be me you’re hearing.

8 Likes

Yeah, I might let out a shriek or three myself :joy:.

Just hope it does well enough. Feels like the future of DC Universe movies hinges on this one’s performance. My tickets are pre-purchased in support, & I’ll be buying plenty of popcorn & candy on Friday… is all I can do :slightly_smiling_face:,

9 Likes

Don’t forget to pick up the Black Adam merchandise (including toys, natch), now available at better merchants everywhere, as well.

WBCP execs in the room give me a thumbs-up

Also, slug back one of these prior to (and after? Sure, why not!) seeing the movie:

I haven’t had a DC-based energy drink since the Superman Returns number in 2006, so I’m curious how Teth in a Can™ tastes.

9 Likes

It tastes like lightning in a bottle.

9 Likes

Is that Flash-approved?

9 Likes

No, so he took the approval by force.

9 Likes

Teth sounds a bit pushy.

9 Likes

Multiverse Black Adam and Hawkman have been sitting on my shelf for a couple months now.

Will this give me wings?

9 Likes

9 Likes

Fine choices, but always remember: There’s more to spend your scratch on. :wink:

Ha! Well-done. :fist_right:t2: :fist_left:t2:

9 Likes

Yeah I know. Space + money + how much I like the movie will determine further indulgence.

8 Likes

Hawkman makes his big screen debut this week in Black Adam. Which of the below Hawkman ongoings from the last 20 years do you enjoy the most?

• Hawkman (2002-2006)
  • The Savage Hawkman (2011-2013)
  • Hawkman (2018-2020)

0 voters

9 Likes

I read all of New 52 Hawkman and don’t remember any of it.

Read the first twelve issues of Hawkman 2018-2020. Didn’t enjoy it enough to continue purchasing; should probably finish it off on DCU.

Hawkman is one DC character where I’ve enjoyed the artwork more than the stories.

8 Likes