Polls, Polls, Polls: DC Edition! (Part 1)

I am so sorry you had to see that :joy::joy::joy:

9 Likes

She is very much a villain. https://youtu.be/HOQYu3ZazBo?t=263

7 Likes

AngelicClutteredGallinule-max-1mb

10 Likes

The look of a killer. Time to bring her back to Arkham… Again.

8 Likes

@arkhamassassin- The producer/front office suit set demand matrix can be daunting indeed. However, Hawley was an up and comer who’s now one of the in-demand designers in the studio system. Even back in 2016 she exerted a significant amount of creative control via her rep. Now, obviously, I wasn’t present at production meetings, but a savvy production crew artist can and should be able sell even the most hardened veteran studio oversighter on a solid concept that can look out for both the actor’s needs as well as the box office’s.

Also- you have to remember that just because BOP had female costumers doesn’t necessarily mean they intervened on behalf of Harley’s look. Robbie was a full fledged producer on this film (not just granted a toothless title perk via her contract) and had (almost) complete creative control on BOP. She was very involved in the writing, production design, and costuming processes and took special care not to present everyone’s fave Gotham based anti-hero in an objectified light. BOP costume designers Erin Benach and Helen Huang took their marching orders from Robbie along with her fellow producers Sue Kroll and Bryan Unkless in order to bring Harl’s onscreen look to life, and these very same two designers could right now very well be taking their marching orders from some slick greasy studio suit who doesn’t put as much stock in presenting the female form as caringly as they should. If this is the case, then we should be hoping that Benach and Huang have developed some savvy sales skills of their own in order to protect the interests of the male & female objects of their design eyes whilst they’re out and about in the wilds of Hollywood, as Hawley should’ve done.

13 Likes

My life is either a bit closer to complete after seeing that, or it brings more questions. Or both. :joy:

8 Likes

I wish to emulate this look in daily life.
giphy

14 Likes

Agreed!

12 Likes

How many times have I told you to not play with your food?

11 Likes

YES! :laughing::heart:

I relate so much to this facial expression. Some of the people I encounter, my god.

14 Likes

I know the feeling! :rofl: Margot has great Harley expressions!

11 Likes

a post this knowledgeable and well written makes my wiener posts look almost silly in comparison!

7 Likes

[Ed.'s note: this poll is for the intelligent and nice-smelling people who watch Legends of Tomorrow]

Nate or Ray? #poll

• Nate
  • Ray
  • This poll goes against everything Nateray stands for and i will not participate in it

0 voters

9 Likes

I have yet to watch all of legends, but I voted based off of comic counterparts (and, actually, I’m more familiar with arrowverse Ray than I am with arrowverse Nate)

8 Likes

They’re such good bros I can’t choose.
SPOILERS FROM NEWEST SEASON :arrow_down:

there goodbye episode was so sad​:cry:

8 Likes

I’ve only seen him in arrow, so I vote Ray Palmer!!!

8 Likes

you…

you don’t watch…

what

13 Likes

i hope Nate doesn’t see this poll

i’m so sorry Nate

8 Likes

Well, I’ve seen every episode of the Flash and Arrow. But I haven’t found the time to watch that yet. I’m not to keen to watch Supergirl (More of a Batgirl fan of I’m completely honest).

8 Likes

I absolutely love this show…the later seasons are definitely better than the earlier ones :smiley:

7 Likes