Polls, Polls, Polls: DC Edition! (Part 1)

Best Ongoing Nightwing Volume
  • Nightwing (1998-2009)
  • Nightwing (2011-2014)
  • Nigtwing (2016-)

0 voters

9 Likes
Best Ongoing Harley Quinn Volume
  • Harley Quinn (2000-2004)
  • Harley Quinn (2013-2016)
  • Harley Quinn (2016-2020)
  • Harley Quinn (2021-)

0 voters

8 Likes

Happy Birthday @Bar-El!

7 Likes

What look do you prefer?
Superboy_(Kon-El_circa_2019)

• Super over the top and edgy
  • Plain Jane with no personality

0 voters

6 Likes

I have never liked the edgy Superboy.

It only makes things worse that he’s a complete and utter pervert

6 Likes

As well as everyone else who dresses like that

6 Likes

Neither look is… really all that good. Edgy has good associations with original-flavor Young Justice for me and I feel like it kind of works as an indication of his being insecure and immature more than an unironic thing. I wouldn’t go as far as to say it looks good.

Boring is a better-composed look, but if you could wear a character’s costume and not have people notice that it’s a costume, it has no right to call itself a costume.

8 Likes

i like characters who are kind of obnoxious and Superboy’s no exception! but @Jurisdiction’s right, i recently went back and read some '90s Superboy and he was an intolerable sex pest. it’s hard to believe a hero was written that way so recently.

8 Likes

(And as a sidenote, I haven’t actually read his solo title, so I’m getting the sense that he was substantially less tolerable there.)

7 Likes

using Wolfman Beast Boy as a metric of gross and annoying, i’d rate him 3 Beast Boys

8 Likes

People can be grosser and more annoying than Beast Boy?! Three times?!

whoops, wrong thread

8 Likes

Be nicer to my uncles.

4 Likes

As a boot aficionado I’ve spent quite a bit of time trying to answer this question:

BG’s Best Boots? (chooz only one pair pleez)
  • Bronze Age
    Bronze

• Thrillkiller
    ThrillK

• Burnside
    BurnS

• New 52
    N52

• B’Man 66
    BMan66

• Current
    Currnt

• Leslie Grace
    LeslieG

• Arkham Knight
    arkhamK

0 voters

11 Likes

that was hard! maybe i’m a boot aficionado and didn’t know it

8 Likes

Biff the boot boutiquer. :joy:

8 Likes

She’s got sooo many amazing pairs. Truly difficult for me to stick with just one. This week I’m all about New 52, and then next week I’ll be onto a different pair as my faves. :smile:

9 Likes

just placed an order for 5,000 business cards

9 Likes

:laughing: :hiking_boot:

8 Likes

Most of these are from after 2011 and thus do not belong to any character I acknowledge as existing, but I’d like to register a heightened level of disapproval for the Burnside boots for being particularly emblematic of the character’s general infantilization in modern interpretations. I mean… Hi-Tops? Really?

I’m cranky today, I know.

10 Likes

8 Likes