🎉 Polls: Best of 2018 in TV & Movies, Comics and Animation! 🎉

Easily, the end of Mister Miracle and the whole wedding arc in Batman made Tom King writer of the year. Action Comics #1000 is my landmark comic of the year. I guess by default, Aquaman takes best movie, but I loved it anyway.

1 Like

For the TV and Movies poll categories listed, I enjoyed the Elseworlds crossover event. Other DC entertainment TV highlights of 2018 are Lucifer getting renewed for Season 4 on Netflix after being cancelled and John Constantine joining the Legends of Tomorrow roster full time.

For animation, my favorite moment is unlisted. It was the release of Batman: The Animated Series on Blu Ray.

Yeah, BTAS in HD should have been in the TV category. I’ve been digging it constantly since DCU started.

1 Like

My overall favorite DC moment was the Aquaman movie, it was astonishingly great to me. DC Universe was a close second, followed by the Mera: Queen Of Atlantis limited series.

4 Likes

Please give up SMALLVILLE!!!

2 Likes

Loved Batman Ninja - it’s always fun to see stories that take Batman outside the box

4 Likes

I would like to request that Pinot Grigio Sally be added to best of TV/movies

5 Likes

I loved seeing a sneek peak of the doom patrol and krypto in titans.

2 Likes

I have long been a fan of Batman and the DC heroes. Way back when I was a preteen and my Nana sewed me a bat-cape, through today I have loved the Dark Knight. This past year certainly had its share of Bat-moments, some great and one sad. For me it had to be seeing DC tackle the Batman in animated form and bring the Bat Family with him. These animated features they’re doing are (for me) superior to any live action film to date and seeing the great titles like Flashpoint Paradox and Son Of… has been amazing. The amazing feet of them finally doing justice to an Alan Moore story was perhaps my top thrill. The Joker was perfectly portrayed and the whole film was near perfection! And to be followed closely by Gaslight? The first and still nest Elseworlds tale has never looked better! Holy goosebumps Batman, what can they possibly do to top 2018? … …did someone say Young Justice?

3 Likes

It is so hard to pick. For me it’s Gotham. It was the best season by far. I can’t wait for the final season.
Honorable mentions is the launch of dc universe, aquaman movie, and the flash particularly elseworlds and what it means for future episodes/seasons

2 Likes

Titans was a high water mark for the entire DC Universe. It proved that DC could not only make mature live action Superhero shows but could also make them just as good as the CW shows.

4 Likes

Even though it wasn’t on there in comics. I loved the ending to Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern corp. It was a really good series.

2 Likes

TV & Movies: Supergirl S04E03 Man of Steel.

Animation: Lego DC Superhero Girls: Super-villain High

Comics: DC Nuclear Winter Special - Last Daughters

1 Like

Titans by far the titans visually appealing storyline amazing character development perfect

2 Likes

For me it’s the DC originals you all have been releasing. Titans by far is one of the best things to bless my eyes!!! So beautifully crafted and the character development… perfection. I am soo excited for whats next from DCU In 2019. Happy New Years everyone!!

1 Like

Titans isn’t just better than CW shows…it is light years ahead. Hope Doom Patrol lived up to its lead.

4 Likes

Aquaman was incredible and glad it’s going to save the DCEU. Can’t wait to see a trailer for Wonder Woman. Titans was awesome but really looking forward to Swamp Thing. When can we expect a trailer? Great selection of animated shows and thank you for adding The New Adventures of Superman. I watched that all the time when I was a boy. If you could add the classic cartoon adventures of Superboy and Krypto then that be perfect for my list. :slight_smile: 2019 is going to be a fantastic year!

DC had quite a year in my opinion. I walked into Aquaman never really being a huge fan of the character but really enjoyed the movie. Had about the same expectations for Titans and now it’s one of my favorite shows of 2018. Overall a great year. Excited for what’s in store for 2019.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see Aquaman this week!

2 Likes

Even though i haven’t been a fan of the DCEU movies other then Wonder Woman, Titan’s checks every box in my fan list. I can’t describe how big of a deal the DCU shows are to me. It’s like the the definitive live action universe for me. It also makes me feel like for the first time that my fan wishes aren’t out of reach. I really wanted to see a well cast Donna Troy, and boom! Perfect. Swampthing, Boom! Now on my wish list is Powergirl, and Zatanna.

1 Like