POLL: What's Your Favorite Batman Name?

Over the years (82 of them!) Batman has dealt with a lot of people, and created a lot of mystery around himself. In doing so, he earned many a moniker.

Which is your favorite, and why?

• Just Batman
  • The Dark Knight
  • Caped Crusader
  • World’s Greatest Detective
  • Dark Knight Detective
  • Dynamic Duo (w Robin)
  • The Hero Gotham Deserves (by Himself)
  • Gotham Gladiator
  • Masked Manhunter
  • The Bat
  • Matches Malone
  • Vigilante
  • Insider
  • Saviour
  • Bats (by Joker)
  • Master Bruce (by Alfred)
  • Detective (Ra’s Al Ghul)
  • Dork Knight (by thugs)
  • B-Man (by Harley Quinn)
  • Freak (by thugs)
  • Beloved (by Talia)
  • Father (by Damian)
  • Other

0 voters

11 Likes

I’ve always liked it when Ra’s called him detective. It makes it seem like they have something different between them in comparison to Batman’s other rogues. It’s obviously not definitive, but it’s my favorite of his nicknames.

11 Likes

I was split between “Caped Crusader” and “Dynamic Duo.” Alliteration for the win!

8 Likes

I like them all, but I went with The Bat because why not? :pleading_face:

8 Likes

I chose the Dark Knight, but as a fan of Batman 66 I have a soft spot for the Caped Crusader!

6 Likes

I voted Ras’s “Detective,” not only because, as @Rip_Rubbler points out, it shows a familiarity between Bruce and Ras, but implies “World’s Greatest Detective,” one of my favorite aspects of Bats -a moniker I also love. I’m looking forward to “The Batman,” which is supposed to finally represent this side of The Dark Knight on film, something sorely missing in the big screen adaptations.

7 Likes

I always loved Dark Knight most, but I am very biased to the movie

5 Likes

Dark Knight has always been my favorite nickname for Batman ever since I first encountered it in the Steve Englehart run of Detective Comics. If I remember right, that was the first time it had been used since the Golden Age!

6 Likes

I always like when others call him “The Batman”

5 Likes

I am also in favor of Ra’s simple Detective. Beyond the relevance for their relationship, it also reflects Ra’s respect for Tim Drake. He’d never called Dick or Jason (or Damian) “detective,” but when he is bested by Tim and uses the term, it carries the weight of 70 years of precedent.

7 Likes

Matches Malone makes me laugh every time and now it’s my favorite.

6 Likes

I really like Caped Crusader, but also liked in BvS when he’s called the “GD Gotham Bat” by Perry White.

5 Likes

I personally always liked the idea of Batman dressing up as some random guy to infiltrate criminals.

5 Likes

I’ll add that option if I can

4 Likes

@agbats I can’t edit the poll. Sorry

3 Likes

No problem! That’s what the “other” option is for! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Harley calls hims Batsy, and that’s always been my favorite because it’s such a dumb nickname for him.

8 Likes

I always like B-Man as Harley’s nickname, because it’s soooo informal and even familiar

6 Likes

Me too and honestly I wish they did more of that. I feel like it was a lot more common in the older comics.

4 Likes

I know right? I always find it comedic, but in a highbrow fashion

3 Likes