[POLL] What is THE Best Comic DC Ever Published?

Starman # 27 gets a vote from me!

Jack helps a homeless man dressed as Santa try to find something that was stolen from him. They spend the night and some of Jack’s money trying to track down his stuff. They eventually get it back, which is heartwarming enough, but Jack can’t let him go back into the cold on Christmas Eve. He invites him to join him at the O’Dares for some dinner.

3 Likes

How am I seeing this just now? This time, my favorite IS on the poll. Sandman is pure magic.

3 Likes

Bumping this for our new members.

5 Likes

No Man’s Land I really like Kingdom Come. To be fair haven’t read Sandman (don’t judge). I think that DKR is overrated but good.

3 Likes

I enjoyed The Sandman series a great deal - but calling it the best comic ever when it takes 11 trades to collect is a bit of a misnomer. The rest of the books here can be collected in one book, Sandman can’t even be collected as one omnibus or deluxe edition.

4 Likes

Steve Englehart’s Strange Apparitions.

6 Likes

Selected other due to this:

4 Likes

Grest job by my friend Power Girl

2 Likes

For me, there are a lot of amazing DC books and runs, but The Best can only go to one:
Darwyn Cooke’s Magnum Opus and love letter to all that is painful, heartbreaking, and tragic yet also wonderful, empowering, hopeful, and inspiring within comics in general and DC specifically: The New Frontier. I’m not sure another DC comic will ever be able to topple it from its throne in my eyes. It’s just that perfect. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I’m… not sure how to respond to this.

What did you choose as best DC comic ever published?

1 Like

Red Hood: The Lost Days.

2 Likes

I’m not saying The Sandman is not an excellent book, I’m saying calling it a comic in the same breadth as the other here, as opposed to calling it the best series, is - as I wrote - a misnomer. It’s like comparing a cake to a selection of muffins while trying to decide which is the best baked snack.

As for the best, I haven’t stated a choice, as of yet.

1 Like