PLOP! Have you ever read it?

Just wondering who remembers this wacky and funny DC Comic from the ‘70’s?
PLOP featured Sergio Aragones and other talent and was just a zany lot of fun to read! It had some strange covers, crazy short stories, and plenty of one page and one panel gags! Wish they’d do something like that again.

Also… any chance this classic comic will turn up on this site? Would love to read it again!

4 Likes

I’d like it if a whole lot of different genres showed up here but as long as the site is called DC Universe I suspect we’re going to be superhero centric.

While I agree. We do have titles like House of Mystery and House of Secrets etc. on here so I’m hoping there’s a chance PLOP might end up here also. Plop was even narrated (hosted) by the same Cain and Abel from the aforementioned horror series of the 70’s!
It would be a funny change of pace.
:grinning::joy::grinning:

4 Likes

Would love to have PLOP! made available on DC Universe and/or a print compilation.

2 Likes

Now there is a name I haven’t heard in a long time…a long time.

1 Like

I never read Plop, but I remember DC’s house ads for it very well. I would love for it turn up on DC Universe, as I never did get a chance to read it!

2 Likes

I bought PLOP! #1 and some subsequent issues off the newsstand also. As you mentioned the covers were just so strange and bizarre they just drew your attention to them! And the stories were at times… just as bizarre! (But Hilarious!)

Here’s to hoping that DC has plans for a reprint collection… or at least getting it here on this service!

2 Likes

Plop…plop…fizz…fizz…oh, what a relief it is to hear that other people remember this oddball series from the 70’s.

1 Like