Pick a Legion of Superheroes Team

Seems like my Legion is very much a sausage party so hopefully all that raging testosterone will lead to some female members joining.

1 Like

Since I last posted in this thread, I’ve refined my vision for the Legion a bit more and decided to add more characters, specifically Gim (reimagined as an Imskian like Shrinking Violet), Jasmin Cullen, Nura, Troy Stewart, Zoe Saugin, and a “Legion of Substitute Heroes” team of Ral Benem, Brek Bannin, Staq Mavlen, Dori Aandraison, and Drura Sehpt, giving me, in the end, a full team consisting of the following:
Rokk
Garth
Imra
Ayla
Tinya
Luornu
Brin
Querl
Chuck
Salu
Jenni
Reep
Lyle
Jekka
Mysa
Jo
Jan
Tasmia
Gates
Shikari
Gim
Nura
Jasmin
Troy
Brek
Ral
Staq
Dori
Druhra
Zoe

1 Like

Cool, you are in way deep when you know the army Legion of Super-heroes on a first name basis!

I have trouble reciting the seven dwarfs or the seven reindeer…

It’s not “intimate knowledge” ’ it’s research.

BTW, here’s the codenames I went with for my full roster:

• Rokk is Lodestone
  • Garth is Live Wide
  • Imra is Esper
  • Ayla is Pulse
  • Tinya is Apparition
  • Luornu is Triad
  • Brin is Timber Wolf
  • Querl is Brainiac-5
  • Chuck is Sphere
  • Salu is Shrinking Violet
  • Jenni is Accel
  • Reep is Chameleon
  • Jekka is Projectra
  • Jo is Ultraboy
  • Jan is Alchemist
  • Mysa is Wiccan
  • Tasmia is Umbra
  • Gates never tells his teammates his real name
  • Lyle is Sneak
  • Shikari is Dragonfly
  • Gim is Leviathan
  • Nura is Dreamer
  • Jasmin is Stasis
  • Troy is Vox
  • Brek is Icicle
  • Staq is Wildfire
  • Ral is Weed
  • Dori is Halo
  • Druhra is Virus
  • Zoe is Kinetix
3 Likes

I am thinking your favorite version of the Legion is mid to late 90s?

1 Like

^ It’s the only Legion I’m familiar with so far.

I might at some point delve into the post-Crisis and New 52 Legion and the “Threeboot” Legion, though.

1 Like

Ooooo I better post a new Legion club reading now that you’re mentioning all that!

Wow I’ve been away a long time from the legion. I’m used to the old names like bouncing boy and Saturn Girl! :grinning:

2 Likes

^ Some of the codenames I used are Canonical, and some are ones that I made up or appropriated from other parts of the DC Canon.

All good! For around 10 years DC published two Legion books at once, Legion of Superheroes and Legionnaires, 1993-2000. During this time, many of the older Legion members got new names and were made younger again, like Lightning Lad is Live Wire, Lightning Lass is Spark, Triplicate Girl is now Triad in Legionnaires, Phantom Girl becomes Apparition, Colossal Boy is Leviathan, etc. New members like XS, Andromeda, etc joined as well.

The history of the Legion is DEEP and WIDE…

1 Like

My legion of Superheroes team
Founders
Lightning Lad/Pulse
Cosmic Boy
Saturn Girl(As The Leader)
First Recruits
Brainiac 5/Codex
Colossal Boy/Leviathan
Phase
Triplicate Girl/Triad
Chameleon
Second Recruits
Bouncing Boy
Invisible Kid(Lyle Norg or Jacques Foccart)
Ultra Boy
Shrinking Violet
Third Wave Of Recruits
Inferno
Alchemist
Ferro Lad
Karate Kid
XS
Shadow Lass
Sparks
Wildfire
Dawnstar
Timber Wolf
Chill

Limit at ten members?

Alright, I’ll give it a try!

1. Cosmic Boy
  2. Saturn Girl
  3. Lightning Lad
  4. Brainiac Five
  5. M’onel
  6. Shadow Lass
  7. Phantom Girl
  8. Element Lad
  9. Ultra Boy
  10. Star Boy

Hoo boy, that “Ten Legionnaire Limit” is really tough. I can’t believe I left off poor Bouncing Boy! And so is the “no duplicate powers” thing. I wanted Kal pretty badly, but nope, same powers as M’on.

And arguably I’m pushing it with Ultra Boy, too.

1 Like
  1. Cosmic Boy
  2. Lightning Lad
  3. Saturn Girl
  4. Brainiac 5
  5. Chameleon Boy
  6. Timber Wolf
  7. Phantom Girl
  8. Andromeda

As stated above, the Three Founders are pretty much an essential. Brainiac 5 is my favorite Legionnaire, so he’s in if I’m the guy in charge. Cham and Brin get to the be the “fun one” and the “angry one,” respectively. Phantom Girl adds in some diversity power-wise, and, while I know everyone’s going with either Ultra-Boy or Mon-El as the team “powerhouse,” it’s been a minute since we last saw Andromeda so why not?

It’s kind of funny but at the same time nice to see this thread get revived.

Thom Kallor. That is all we need.

Reviving my own thread because I came up with a different team:
Founders

• Rokk Krinn
  • Querl Dox
  • Imra Ardeen
  • Ayla Ranzz

Initial Recruits

• Tinya Wazzo
  • Brin Londo

Mandatory Recruits

• Lyle Norg
  • Salu Digby
  • Reep Daggle

Other Recruits

• Jeka Wynzorr
2 Likes

My first ten…

Cosmic Boy
Saturn Girl
Lightning Lad
Brainiac 5
Phantom Girl
Triplicate Girl
Chameleon Boy
Ultra Boy
Micro Lad (Colossal Boy)
Atom Girl (Shrinking Violet)

and then it’s time for Superboy (Clark Kent) to arrive

Bumping my own thread after almost a year because I came up with yet another Legion lineup that does everything I personally want the Legion to do.

My new lineup is as follows:

• Rokk Krinn (Founder)
  • Imra Ardeen (Founder)
  • Reep Daggle (Founder)
  • Brin Londo(Voluntary Recruit)
  • Tinya Wazzo (Mandatory Recruit)
  • Chuck Taine (Mandatory Recruit)
  • Ayla Ranzz (Mandatory Recruit)
  • Querl Dox (Mandatory Recruit)
  • Salu Digby (Mandatory Recruit)

By making Reep a Founder, you remove Garth from the board entirely (he didn’t survive the accident that gave Ayla her Electrokinetic powers), which isolates Ayla and creates a reason for her to be sent to Earth (since she’s ‘Twinless’, her parents and the Winathian government want her gone).

You can also play up the xenophobia and ‘outsider’ angle with Reep and the Durlan species, which sets up a potential friendship slash partnership between him and Querl if the latter is portrayed as an ‘emo outsider slash loner’.

Having Salu, Brin, Tinya, and Chuck on the team also gives you four ‘Canon’ relationship pairings, as well as more LGBT representation.

There’s also no duplication of powers with this lineup and more reliance on species diversity.

Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Reflecto, Quantum Queen, Neon, siblings Invisible Kid and Computo, Gates, Harmonia.