People who use tablets, Which is your preferred reading style?

People who use tablets, Which is your preferred reading style?

• Full Page View
  • Panel By Panel View

0 voters

EDIT: Wanted to include a third option but it is past the 5 minute limit. For people who read in Full Page View COMMENT BELOW whether you prefer PORTRAIT or LANDSCAPE.

5 Likes

I’ve been spoiled by panel by panel and I’ll tell you why: there’s tiny details I’ve often missed reading in full page mode. Panel by panel allows me to see things I normally wouldn’t have noticed before.

Also, when you get to a full page reveal in panel by panel, it’s more dramatic and has a bigger impact. The big moments seem bigger…both metaphorically and physically.

5 Likes

Yeah it is definitely a different experience. I initially used Panel View because I used to use smaller devices. Then I upgraded to a 7 inch tablet and then to a 10 inch tablet thinking I would enjoy full page view and would no longer need to pay for a subscription if you get my gist. But while it made Full Page View significantly better it did the same with Panel View. Was wondering if other tablet users felt the same more or less.

Comics don’t translate very well to digital. it’s excruciatingly evident when the signature “double page” pages pop up and you have to play inspector gadget to read them.

5 Likes

For me it depends on the comic and how the panels are laid out and how connected they are

3 Likes

What I do may be a little strange…
But I read Panel by Panel… so I can catch all the great little details, and then I Zoom out to view the entire page before moving on to the next page, so I can get the “Old School” viewing style, that I’ve been addicted to my whole life…
So I voted for the Panel by Panel, but I actually do both…
I love the experience of both.
tenor

4 Likes

I do that as well! It’s always a sign I’m really enjoying something when I use both.

4 Likes

@mccaggers91 exactly. There are many times that I will re-read the same comic back to back, just because I want to see if there was anything I missed, or enjoy the art all over again.

4 Likes

i prefer portrait tbh

3 Likes

I read full page - portrait - and zoom as needed. Sometimes I accidentally tap in to panel by panel, but rarely stay there. Some books read well panel by panel, but I enjoy the full layouts (now that I have a tablet that I can actually read words at full page) and rarely find that it add anything. (Though I did love the Roku app “couch mode” when it was available!)

I used to read on a laptop, which is by nature landscape, but still read full page, just scrolling down as I read.

Doesn’t the app show the full page automatically before diving in to panel 1 - or before hitting the next page? It’s honestly been a while since I tried it, but I swear that was a thing?

3 Likes

Mine doesn’t. It never has. I’m not sure if anyone else’s does, but mine doesn’t. If you are in Panel mode, it stays in Panel even when it goes to the next page. Thats why I always zoom out to see full screen before i go on to next page.
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Check this request I made back in January asking for that option. Maybe if enough people requested it they do it. Marvel has it for a long time now.

3 Likes