Out of Context Chaos!

19 Likes

Preface: I read way too many comics to be considered merely a “fan”… I’m probably closer to what most would refer to as a "fanatic":sweat_smile:. I screenshot nearly every panel I come across that makes me chuckle, even if it’s just a little bit.
So just going through my recent findings:

A farewell to remember!

Yes, Jason. That’s exactly what college is like.

yepppp… that’s a mood.

I love that Lobo is braiding Diana’s hair.

#selfconfidence

This one’s almost as bad as the now-infamous Darth Vader pun…

Imagine: Lex Luthor. Armed with Kryptonite. AND CARDIO.

Never go full Nicholas Cage.

and lastly…

"Never underestimate the power of a good veggie tray.":+1:t3:Mister Miracle

28 Likes

What’s wrong with loving Dick?

7 Likes

Dang man! That’s a good one! I can’t believe I didn’t get that one! I usually screenshot every 10th panel of firestorm.

10/10

3 Likes

enlighten me.

7 Likes

In Star Wars: Rogue One, Darth Vader says to the movie’s villain (I don’t remember his name, sorry) “Don’t choke on your aspersions.” The pun just seemed a tad out of place for the movie’s portrayal of the infamous Dark Lord of the Sith, especially with that bada$$ scene at the end where he’s slaying all the Rebels at the end.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s sort of like in the comic where they gave Vader a “oh who’s your father? I’ve killed so many” when talking to Luke.

4 Likes

(from the Bulleteer mini-series, a part of Grant Morrison’s Seven Soldiers of Victory meta-series)

8 Likes

9 Likes

These are all so good! :smile:

I think just about any panel with Guy Gardner could be taken out of context though, @Adamantine. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Now that I think about it. If you had posted this after biff_pow’s Superman meets Nixon post, it would have had SUCH a different context!

2 Likes

|565px;x488px;
This is best served raw without the rest of the cover

20 Likes

18 Likes

Legends of the Dark Knight 19

18 Likes

Tiny titans image

13 Likes

Oh gosh, this one really got me! :laughing:

1 Like

14 Likes