Our Heroes in This Time of Uncertainty

@Applejack @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell First I’d like to thank the mods for providing this thread and keeping the community a positive place all around. All the mods are heroes to me and I’m sure the entire community.

Second I’d like to thank @PrincessAmethyst and @Nightroia for the shout-out. I love this community just like you folks do and there are so many people who bring a smile to my face or educate me everyday.

To my pals @biff_pow @Behemoth @Robert-Snake-DeBeero @JeepersItsTheJamags @capo-mage thanks for keeping me entertained and positive whenever I visit here.

Finally @CynicalPink thank you for your positive attitude. I always feel good when you post and I love how you go out of your way to help people with your kindness and your art.

19 Likes

To my intellectual heroes @TurokSonOfStone1950 @DeSade-acolyte @Don-El @Vroom thanks for sharing your deep knowledge of a wide range of subjects, not just comics. You folks teach me something new just about every day.

There are too many people to mention in this community who are witty, bright, funny, and caring I love you all. I hope everyone stays safe including all the people on the front lines doing the hard work to keep our world running.

19 Likes

I moved out of my Mom’s place recently, but she is a doctor, so I would like to thank her. I would also like to thank my little brothers for hanging out while they are back from school. My roommate is also someone I am thankful for as he helps me to remember how much I have to be thankful for and to not panic during this pandemic. My mentor has also been good to me and some of my new neighbors have been very helpful during this time. I would also like to thank my current employer as they are letting me continue to work at the office. Also, thanks to @DCDaily for still creating episodes! I know it isn’t an ideal time to do this, and you guys could easily relax, but I love hearing your thoughts on some of the DC stories that get us through trying times such as this.

15 Likes

I’ve pretty much stayed at home cause I wanna take this whole quarantining thing seriously, so I haven’t really seen firsthand the effects of the workers highlighted in this thread. Very grateful that no matter what is thrown at human beings, they’re always able to find a way to cope and move beyond.

12 Likes

I also want to thank @Applejack! I may like other cereals better, but when it comes to community moderators, she’s so far out front, The Flash is humbled​:four_leaf_clover:

11 Likes

I’ve told them I love them personally but i guess i’ll let yall in the DC community know:
I’ve got two friends in the navy, both medical.
Another friend who’s a mental health professional.
One who was/is a hostess for Delta.
And another who is in airport security.
My mom is a nanny who has some clients who are essential so she will have to go out from time to time to look after their kids.

People who are willing to help are all around DC Fam, never lose hope and keep the Lantern bright.

9 Likes

And that makes you a hero in this time as well. Staying at home and listening to the experts is a great way of protecting yourself and everyone else!!!

7 Likes

@Nightroia, that is so kind - thank you!

I am grateful that everyone is doing their best right now, but especially for “My Local Hero” who supports our family and gives 110% every day. :heart: And while we’re “waiting in the wings” to move back home in a few months, I think about my Grandma - who has always been my hero. I cannot wait to see her again.

Thank you to all of the DCUers for their endless positivity and warmth. It goes a long way and truly means the world to me.

Please stay safe, healthy, and happy. :pray:

10 Likes

Can I give a shout out to my momma? She left a birthday gift for my wife, her prescriptions, and some toilet paper outside our door last week while we were “self quarantined.” She’s a hero to me.

13 Likes

Thank you very much!

7 Likes

At 72, I do live in CT, so everybody is sheltering in place, leaving only for appointments, errands, and procuring provisions, very quickly.

I’m right dab in the most vulnerable demographic, and so it’s comforting to know that the public is doing exactly the right thing.

The DCU is a great source of diversion, both great comics (as always, from DC) and the best superhero animated shows and movies of all. WB doesn’t do the animation of 75 years ago, but they still excel in the field, and all you have to do is watch any ANY of them, and you’ll know why I subscribed in the first place. I knew about TITANS, but DOOM PATOL was a great and welcome surprise, having had my mind blown monthly by, as people call him, GRANT MORRISON’S stunning run.

I also have a MCU sub, and I love the stories, but I find myself spending most of the time here, where the GREAT characters are. Aside from Spider-Man, Nightcrawler, and Wolverine, Marvel has no characters of the level of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Lantern, J’onn J’onzz, Cyborg, John Constantine, the Doom Patrol, Hawkman, Zatanna, and a boatload more.

DCU FTW!

11 Likes

I have to thank all the retail workers that work hard to package our meals for us in this time of uncertainty, I also want to thank all the professors out there who continue to teach and put forth work during this quarantine which isn’t easy to do to instruct the students online- so that we can still get our education and graduate thanks for that. Also the students for trying the online stuff too and continuing to work hard through this time of social distancing. Also want to thank the government and police officials for trying to maintain order during this time, and bring hope and safety to those who may otherwise be confused. I want to thank all the healthcare professionals for risking their own lives so that people can stay safe and get healthy. I want to thank the truck drivers for still traveling to get our supplies to us in a timely fashion. I also want to thank the tv programs and certain media outlets that continue to stay open to keep the people entertained and not bored during this time of uncertainty- I want to thank this community as well for continuing to bring hope and give great stories to people during this time and all times as well. And lastly I would like to thank everyone for staying hopeful and working hard everyday indoors during this time of quarantine and social isolation and everyone in general. Thank you. :+1::+1::blush:

8 Likes

Apart from the usual suspects, our heroes in healthcare, my hero has been my neighbour. He knows I’m in a risk group since I’m on immunosupressants and have kidney problems and keeps asking if there’s anything I need whenever he leaves for the store or post office.

Small things can make the most important difference between life and death in this crisis. If you have an elderly or health compromised neighbour you can help when you are out shopping, know that they would love you for it and you might save a life.

10 Likes

Honestly, I think we are ALL heroes at this time. We are all doing our best in our respective situations to adjust to our “new normal.” We have all had to endure struggles, changes, and difficult situations. So here is to our ENTIRE DC Universe community, no matter what your specific situation may look like. Thank you all for doing your best in this tough time!!

9 Likes

Thank you all for helping people in need during this crisis! Bless you! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’d just like to say I’m not really a hero for doing my job. I just got it a month ago. I don’t feel special for putting food out on shelves. So I ask that people refrain from calling me a hero for simply doing my job. I’m super honored that y’all would call me that. But I really don’t deserve it whatsoever.

6 Likes

@Behemoth I’ll take you off the opening. I’m sorry. It wasn’t meant to make you feel uncomfortable.

7 Likes

Thank you. I’m not offended or mad. It’s just that I don’t feel like a hero. I understand that it is important to feed people. But I just don’t think I’m worthy of that honor. I really, really appreciate that you would think of me. That makes me feel really great. But I don’t think I deserve it.

7 Likes

Now I feel super bad. I really appreciate the sentiment, @CynicalPink. That was extremely nice of you!

7 Likes

@Behemoth Please dont feel bad! That was my last intention with the post! It’s 100% okay.

7 Likes