Official Batman Movie Discussion Thread! (Spoilers!)

My friend sent me this today, and I just had to share it here :grin:

7 Likes

I Didn’t Like the Riddler Being More of A Vigilante Copying Batman!
Much Like In Batman Forever Riddler Copying Bruce Wayne!
Riddler is A Great Villain!

I Like the Riddler From Batman T.V. Show Better!
or Batman the Animated Series!

Riddler Sounded Too Much Like Lock Up!
From Batman the Animated Series!

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve yet to see anyone top Frank Gorshin. He’s scarier than Dano and funnier than Carrey without trying as hard as either of them.

5 Likes

So another Friday and we have another release from the ratalada website. This week, after solving some riddles, you’re greeted to this deleted scene featuring Batman and the “Unseen Arkham Inmate.”

This looked really, really good. Makes me excited to see more of their dynamic in later films. That said, I think I can understand why they cut it, as it might steal Riddler’s thunder.

10 Likes

Not sure I would have ever thought to call Gorshin’s Riddler scary. Crazy? Absolutely. Funnier than Carrey? Without a doubt. But even when I was a kid watching him shoot Polaris missiles at the Bat-copter, he really didn’t strike me as scary. Dano’s Riddler on the other hand would have definitely scared me as a kid. After the scenes with the mayor and the DA, I’d be looking over my shoulder ever night :rofl:

7 Likes

To crib a line from a TV spot for Batman Forever (you know, the last live-action movie to feature Batman and Question Mark Man) when it was in theaters:

“Riddle me this, riddle me that. How many times have you seen the big, black, bat?”

That is, how many times have you seen The Batman in theaters, thus far?

• Once.
  • Twice. (:notes: “Three times a lady!” :notes:)
  • Thrice.
  • Fourice.
  • Fiveice.
  • I’ve sat through every screening of The Batman at my theater, and as a result, the employees are now on a first name basis with me. Holy “Get to know your theater employees!”, Batman!
  • There’s a new Batman movie? Is Clooney back?

0 voters

7 Likes

Only once… unfortunately :pensive:

6 Likes

I’ve seen Batman a lot of times. If we’re talking about THE Batman–

I just saw the thread im on…

changing my vote now lol

4 Likes

You know, I want to see it again, but I kind of want to just mentally savor the one time I have seen it, because it was so good (especially in Dolby Atmos audio :drooling_face:).

5 Likes

So far only once, but that’s mostly because of my shoulder injury I can’t really drive anywhere right now. If I was uninjured, I probably would have used one of my days off to sneak into a theater.

4 Likes

Dude, I’ll drive you (and pay for gas, if you need it) if you cover the movie, drinks and eats.

sees Grape Vines in the concession case

Oh, nice. May we get? :grin:

I didn’t drink or eat anything when I saw The Batman. Just went right in for the flick, plopped into the plush, reserved seat and called it good.

4 Likes

Saw it twice, but I desperately want to see it again in theaters before inevitably watching it again in HBO Max :weary:

6 Likes

Only once but I will watch again on hbo max and once more on blu-ray.

4 Likes

4K UHD Blu-ray, or regular Blu-ray?

3 Likes

Probably 4K

4 Likes

As was said in the best Indiana Jones movie:

“You have chosen…wisely.”

4 Likes

I found Dano very laughable when he was in costume. (That’s a general problem I had with just about anyone wearing a costume in this movie…the downside of trying to present a “realistic” setting inhabited by superheroes and supervillains.) Once he was incarcerated, he was more effective, but even then, he was bordering on obnoxious.

By contrast, I was genuinely worried about Gorshin killing Robin…

5 Likes

I thought this was asking about number of different Batman movies seen in the theater. I saw The Batman once in normal theater and once in that 4kg or whatever it’s called (the motion simulator). Went out to get popcorn, and came back in the middle of the car chase scene, and it was hard getting back in my seat, since it was shifting and rocking to simulate the car movements

6 Likes

To me, the question was pretty cut and dry as it pertains to The Batman, i.e. the only Batman movie in theaters right now. :slight_smile:

However, I did make a notation so as to smooth out any confusion other folks may have. :superman_hv_4:

4 Likes

Were you though? Was anyone? Going into the '66 episodes, you know that the status quo will always be the same and that the bad guys will not succeed on any real level.

8 Likes