OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

The first part is from “Thank U” by Alanis Morisette. The Crystal Pepsi is my invention for changing the subject, and judging by the responses, it definitely worked. Feel free to use it for yourself, any time you need to change a subject and watch how well it works…

6 Likes

Haha, it wasn’t really about the beer. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t dealing with a teenager who was pining for a girl in his 7th grade homeroom class. (Homeroom? Do they still have that? :slight_smile: ) In any event, I hope you’re doing ok and that you find what you’re looking for.

Yeah, it’s a sad turn of events. I would say in the past 5-6 years, the only comic store where the person working there started a comics based conversation with me is a place in Port Jefferson, New York called Red Shirt Comics (LOVE that name!). A very nice, little place.

There was another store over an hour away from me. They have an immense collection of books, so a couple of months ago when I needed a copy of Dark Night: A True Batman Story by Paul Dini and Eduardo Risso for a gift for someone, I knew they would have it. Well worth the drive. At the checkout, the woman there started a conversation but not about comics. My hoodie du jour referenced a place she knew quite well so we talked for a while about that. Eventually we talked comics, but unfortunately she was quite distressed about the new comics distribution system and the havoc it was causing them. Before finishing the sale, I grabbed two more hardcovers to buy. I didn’t really need them, but I was the only customer there on that Friday evening, so I wanted to help.

I hope they survive all this.

7 Likes

Oh, yes. You will first have to save the image to your computer.

After you do this, then you will have to search on your computer for that image.

Here’s an example.

I created a folder on my desktop called “DCUI Profile Pictures.”

So, when I’m on DCUI, and at the point of clicking on the camera that opens a folder on my computer, I know that the image I want to upload is in my “DCUI Profile Pictures” folder.

So after searching I would find the file folder which would look like this.

I would then click on that folder and find my profile picture to upload as such.

:point_up_2: Notice how the image is highlighted now. Then I would click “Open.”

Doing so you will be back to this screen with your image changed. (Mine will not in this example as I did not change it at this time.)

This is when you would click on “Save Changes” and then log out of DCUI and log back in and your new image should appear upon logging in again. :sunglasses: :+1:

Hope this helps, and if you need any other help in this matter click on my :superman: :fire: and select “Message” and I’ll be happy to help further. :clark_hv_4:

9 Likes

I think that stops in grade 7; FYI; I was born in 1982

So, I need DC related images saved to my computer first?

6 Likes

I had home room in HS…it’s been a few years…but still fairly recent

5 Likes

Indeed!

Speaking of, is there a way to get my picture less blurry? It’s a bright and high-resolution image that I have on my PC but when I uploaded it here, it got… ungood.

7 Likes

I’ve seen some community members have profile pictures not DC related. The most important thing to remember is that it follows the community guidelines.

To read those, if you haven’t already, can be found clicking below.
:point_right: DC Universe Infinite Guidelines :point_left:

Then you will be all set. :sunglasses: :+1:

Speaking of set… :thinking:

Hi Applejack. :smiley:

Hope that you have had a good week. :clark_hv_4:

Please express my utmost gratitude to the team behind the scenes as last night I noticed we now possess the ability to move our nice collections of comics like this one amongst our own user generated lists! :star_struck:

Also… I forgot to ask this last time, but have you read this comic before? :thinking:

There was a panel maybe you might have the same reaction as Barbara, or perhaps you know about it? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Summary

And finally… Do you like sand? :superman_hv_4:

Sand

:cat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGdL-34L-GE&list=WL&index=29

7 Likes

:laughing: Facts are facts @MovieAddict! :purple_heart:

6 Likes

Freakazoid should be on Hulu, given that they have the other prominent Spielberg-produced WB shows (Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, Pinky and The Brain, Pinky, Elmyra and The Brain). Dexter Douglas needs to be with his hilarious brethren from Senor Speilbergo, afterall.

7 Likes

@Applejack Is a seperate login to the Community no longer required? Upon logging in to the DCUI homepage this morning (Saturday), I clicked on Community, expecting to login again as per usual since the DCUI changeover took place and it took me right to the Community, all logged in and stuff.

I have to say, if that additional login is no longer necessary, that will be nice. Sure, it’s easy to do, but a one size fits all login is neato too.

7 Likes

:thinking: Pardon my beverage-oriented ignorance (and momentary laziness to not do a Google search) but seltzer water and soda water are one and the same, yeah?

I ask as soda water makes me yak on a near-instant basis (as does Alka-Seltzer), so if they are the same, then no La Croix for me.

I love all of the above! Especially pie, and cherry pie, no less. Its just so…nummers in every imaginable manner.

I sure could go for a slice topped with chocolate chip cookie dough.

waits for the “Get your cherry pie topped with chocolate chip cookie dough!” barker to come about

Well, go figure. The Potato Pickle Five doesn’t actually exist, but if it perks your Attention Meter, then I guess it’ll have to now.

contemplates if he has the talent stones to be a one-man band named “The Potato Pickle Five”

If Groundskeeper Willie can be a one-man act, then by Aberdeen High, so too can I!

Does…does anyone have any instruments I can borrow?

Also, does anyone have an instruction manual for said instruments? I’ve, um, never played an instrument before.

shows off item #3,455 on his “I’ve never…” list

See? Right there, “never played an instrument”. Like Superman, I never lie. :clark_hv_4:

Well, I did lie once, but come on, I was in the sixth grade and-

You know what? I’m not finishing that story.

admits he’s lied more than once as he finishes a container of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream

Okay, okay. I’ve told my share of fibs, but none recently. Okay? Okay. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

shovels ice cream into his mouth, then talks carefully while his mouth is full

Mmm! Sho gewd! :drooling_face:

6 Likes

I don’t believe I have, at least nothing recent to relatively recent that stands out in my mental beverage archive.

I’ve pounded down a lot of vitamin water though. That is some good, good ****.

@Soreita I haven’t tried Sprite Zero, but I enjoy Dr. Pepper Zero, Coke Zero and other similar flavors. Is it a good bet that I’d enjoy Sprite Zero?

6 Likes

I trust you, Mr. President! :us:

When I was wee, I started out my mornings with a bowl of Batman cereal (later Batman Returns cereal, as '92 rolled around), heavily buttered cinnamon toast, G.I. Joe and The Woody Woodpecker Show (the one that featured the older Walter Lantz and company shorts, not the late '90s show).

Today, I start my mornings out with a soda (coffee isn’t my thing most of the time), comics and a heart-pumping work out.

Yeah, one of those isn’t true. I’ll let you figure out which, discerning reader. :slight_smile:

chugs a Dr. Pepper down in record time

Ooh! A new record! :partying_face:

notates the time for future use

7 Likes

Yes, I know you’re not a boy AJ, but I don’t have the skillz to edit “Leader!” over “boy”.

hums “Nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh, Leader, Leader, Leader!” to himself

To quote a famous feller, “So…do you enjoy comic books?”

hears Homer belt out “Out of my way, jerkass!” in the distance

That’s our Homer! Grimey, we do love 'im so!

9 Likes

@Vroom I didn’t even know Dr. Pepper Zero existed. :hushed: I miss Dr. Pepper 10… Well, personally I don’t like the taste of Coke anymore. It started tasting like backwater spit to me. :confounded: Haven’t been able/willing to try it again. Something similar happened thankfully with Mt. Dew.

If you’ve had regular Sprite, Sprite Zero is like less punchy/in-your-face as Sprite is. Maybe a bit more flatter. My sis once described it as cardboard-tasting. Maybe I’m so accustomed to it that the taste doesn’t bother me. :woman_shrugging: It’s one of the drinks that sells out regularly in my area.

8 Likes

Behold the zero sugar/calorie/what have you, flavorful goodness!

Okay, so it isn’t technically branded as Dr. Pepper Zero, but it’s close enough, and quite tasty to boot. I’ve only had the regular flavor, but I’m eager to try the others. If you liked Dr. Pepper 10, then you’ll likely enjoy the Zero varieties.

I had a Coke the other day. I blame it on History Channel’s The Food That Built America. You can only hear people say “Coca-Cola” so many times before you see it in a checkout fridge at Target and cave in.

9 Likes

@Vroom I’ll have to keep my eye out for it next time I go out for groceries! :open_mouth:

No idea what happened for Coke to start tasting so differently. I moved to a different town and then it was blegh. At least with Mt. Dew I know it was from when I had my wisdom teeth removed. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Blah Coke is disappointing, but it still tastes better than this:

I used to love RC as a kid, but I tried it again a year or so ago and…nope. Either the formula changed since I last had it when I was a child, or my soda palette evolved, but what was once quite enjoyable had since evolved into a bland, dull, mess.

The can looked better when I was a kid, too. Look at that boring, uninspired mess that passes for RC’s can now! Flypaper is more appealing than that color palette/graphic layout.

Regarding Mountain Dew, I miss this:

8 Likes

@Vroom you’ve got me thinking of Tab now! :joy:

9 Likes

My brother tried Tab once. His description will always stick with me.

“It tastes like I’ll never be happy again.” :joy:

10 Likes