OFFICE HOURS SWAMP EDITION: Ask DC Universe Infinite Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

I had an alarm for 7:45 and I was really confused about what it was for…now I know :woman_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

Question - Any information on when ‘Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity’ will begin being posted on here? The eighth and final book in the series should be landing on here in early October but I noticed that none of them have been posted as of yet.

5 Likes

I just started reading the new Harley Quinn comic based on the animated series. Awesome book, really captures the look and feel of the show. Any idea when the next issue is coming to DC Universe Infinite?

5 Likes

physical?

5 Likes

Hello @Alec.Holland,
After posting a couple of gif yesterday of Jurassic Park, I watched the movie tonight. That was fun. Which Jurassic Park (world) movies do you like the best?
Me, I love the original first movie. I remember when the film first came out, I was amazed how realistic the Dinosaurs look, the t-rex was really scary at the time!:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

It’s here on the site. Check it out:

DC UNIVERSE INFINITE: Explore the Multiverse

5 Likes

Hey, what happened to the encyclopedia?If it is gone? How can I research character?

I know there is a DC wiki, but I liked how the DCUi was connected from encyclopedia to comic, So you can read as you research.

5 Likes

Hi AH,

So, The Sandman. I was surprised to see these turn up unannounced. Are these issues on DCUI temporarily, just for the FanDome promotion? Or will they stay here permanently? And, most importantly, will we be getting any more (specifically, 67 more, plus one Special)?

8 Likes

Came here to ask exactly this. I’m very happy to see Sandman on the app, but am worried it’s temporary! And am hungry for more!

8 Likes

are there physical copies out yet?

5 Likes

Issue #1 is out on the 14th.

5 Likes

thank you

5 Likes

I’ve some pressing queries for you, @Alec.Holland:

• Double-dipping chips at a social function. Acceptable, or a piddly nothing of an alleged social faux pas that tight-asses with nothing better to do needlessly get upset over?

I saw an interesting 30-minute TV special about this “issue”. It was part of a program called…what was it? :thinking: Oh, yes. It was called “Seinfeld”.

Do you enjoy this “Seinfeld”? It seems like Must-See TV™ to me, Friends.

• Toy Story 2 vs. Finding Dory: Which is better, and why is it Toy Story 2?

• Have you ever been to Chuck E. Cheese, or places similar?

I went to CEC in 1995 on a school field trip (an Honor Roll affair, if memory serves). They had the Kenner Batman Forever Batboat on their prize shelf, but it was 10,000 tokens/points /whatever CEC uses, so I said nuts to that, and kept on playing Skee-Ball with my buddy, one Don Brodka. “That’s right, Don Brodka.”

Don works at Chuck E. Cheese when his Try-N-Save hours for the week are below full time. “Capiche?”

• Who makes a crummier “Great Rao! This tastes like tomato-flavored **** thinly smeared across burnt, rubbery, cardboard!” reaction-inducing pizza?

Is it: Peter Piper Pizza, Chuck E. Cheese or Doughy’s (a favorite of Homer Jay Simpson when he’s able to get two pies from them, via a coupon)?

• Have you seen any good movies lately?

I’ve recently re-watched Fight Club, Throne of Blood and The Suicide Squad.

The unifying thread for all three films? They’re all masterworks from their respective directors (David Fincher, Akira Kurosawa and James Gunn, respectively).

• Which of the below options serves as the best base for quality chocolate milk?

-Bosco
-Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
-Nesquik
-Ovaltine

• Speaking of Hershey’s, have you sampled any of their DC bars from their latest go-around with The Brand?

I found the Mera bar to be quite the evocative chocolate adventure (sorry @Razzzcat, there were no freckles to be found), while the Supergirl option turned out to be quite :supergirl_cw:uper.

• Have you read the book “The Alphabet of Manliness”?

It’s delightfully profane (and then some), politically incorrect and absolutely hilarious.

• Have you read any of Bruce Campbell’s books? I have, with “If Chins Could Kill” being one of my all-time favorite autobiographies.

• Ivy vs. Harley: Who wins?

• Your favorite Jim Lee comic?

If you say “Why Vroom, it’s clearly his largely unknown WildStorm masterpiece, “Divine Right: The Adventures of Max Faraday”, which is available on DCUI right now. I mean…duh.”, then I shall cheer for you, gladiator.

• With The New 52 turning 10 years young this month, which Wave 1 title (that is, the initial 52 titles that the initiative launched with in late August of 2011, via Justice League #1, and in the following September with the remaining 51 series) is your favorite, or a favorite, if you can’t pick just one?

If it’s a series whose title rhymes with “Bwamp Fhing”, that’s totally cool, as Swamp Thing is the Scott Snyder-penned New 52 ongoing that most people unfortunately forgot about.

My top three New 52 Wave 1 series as of right now:

• Justice League
• Blackhawks
• OMAC

Honorable Mentions: Animal Man, Demon Knights and I, Vampire.

Seriously folks, read Blackhawks and OMAC (everybody reads Justice League, so no need to plug it). Your heart, body and soul will thank you.

Thank you for your time, Thing of the Swamp/@Alec.Holland and have a pleasant tomorrow.

#JaneCurtinrules

And now, to quote Chevy Chase:

“Ladies and gentlemen, Paul Simon!”

the crowd cheers while Paul begins to strum one of his masterful tunes

#ClassicSNL4Ever

5 Likes

we do when they make-up

8 Likes

:rofl: You’ll get no argument from me on that. :00_harlivy:

6 Likes

Hello @Alec.Holland :st_swamp_thing:,

Since there’s a Batman day, do you think there should be a Superman Day? I do. I think Superman deserves to have a day.:slightly_smiling_face:

:superman:

6 Likes

My question of the week - any update on the status of ‘Batman: White Knight Presents: Harley Quinn’ issues #1, 2, 4 and 5?

Thanks, as always, for taking the time to do Office Hours each week.

6 Likes

which might make that comic a black label

6 Likes

Hello @Alec.Holland :st_swamp_thing:,

The year is 1910, and you’re watching a Silent movie, while watching you see this…

This (scary) monster that reminds me of Swamp Thing is actually Frankenstein monster! I’m not kidding! It’s a Frankenstein movie.
Hard to believe he’s scary looking at the time, I like Boris Karloff Frankenstein better. :slightly_smiling_face:
This movie is a classic as well.
Here’s a movie, enjoy!:nerd_face::popcorn::tv:

Let me know what you think of it.

7 Likes

Once more, no argument from me on that. :superman_hv_4:

DC can bag the book, pop in a trading card and a poster and I would be even more eager to buy it, because, let’s face it:

Who doesn’t enjoy pack-in swag like a trading card and/or a poster (among other googahs and/or ephemera)?

That’s one of many reasons why Wizard was so great (when it was comic-sized, mind you): You got oodles of cool stuff with many issues.

Oh! snaps fingers Speaking of Gareb Shamus’s former comic mag…

@Alec.Holland Did you ever read Wizard, ToyFare, InQuest or any of the other magazines in the Wizard Entertainment Group portfolio?

I was a huge fan of ToyFare, and I also enjoyed Wizard to a crazy, copious, quantity (“figuratively speaking”, as Jim Carrey’s Fletcher Reede once said in 1997’s Liar Liar).

They also published an anime mag (“Anime Quest”, if memory serves), but I read Newtype USA for that.

5 Likes