Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Well @Jitsu you’ve been here for a year, and made some great things happen here, so here are a few questions for you.

1. Accomplishment you are most proud of at DCUI.
  2. What hasn’t worked as well as you’d like?
  3. What do you think community members can do to make this a better site?
  4. Favorite DC Comic, Show, Movie so far in 2022.
  5. If you could ask @TheQuestion101 a question what would it be?

I have enjoyed seeing the community bleed over into the DC main site a bit more, such as @bigblock66 recent art in the newsletter and references to WAL, and love the new home page, makes access easier and helps me keep up with more things.

7 Likes

Hello @Jitsu :batman_hv_1:,
I know you’re not a fan of Superman, have you ever watch Smallville? If yes, which episode is your favorite? :slightly_smiling_face:

:smallville_fan_club:

6 Likes

I’m not as big of a fan of Supes as some others, but I still love him! I haven’t started watching Smallville though…might be time to start!

7 Likes

It’s still so crazy to me that it’s already been a year! I really appreciate this question, so thanks for helping me do some reflection on the last year. Onto your questions….

1. This is a tough one! Honestly, I think building out this site by introducing things like Fanworks, Community Member of the Month, etc…I believe DC is in such an exciting place right now, so it’s really fun to come up with new ideas and to establish a dialogue with everyone here about what works and what doesn’t. And in general, I’m so proud of everyone here—we all make this site what it is, and without all of your (and of course every single @moderator!) this amazing community doesn’t exist at all. You are the beating heart of DC Comics, and I am SO PROUD to work with this incredible community and team.

2. I think we’ve been pretty successful with our goals so far this year, but I will say things like creating new badges and new avatars has moved a bit slower than I would have liked. The design team at DC is absolutely amazing, but I admittedly did not foresee how many legal considerations would have to be made for those projects. But it makes sense! All these characters have been icons for decades, so it checks out that we’d need to make sure we covered all our bases, legally speaking. All that being said—not too much longer to wait!

3. Another great question! Aside from just continuing to be the awesome group you all are, I’d say two things:

A) Have patience! As I mentioned in my answer to your second question, some things just take longer to achieve than others. I will always always have the community’s back, and will continue to relay concerns, questions, and frustrations…but DC is a very large organization that has been around a loooooong time—so naturally, making change (no matter how big or small) may take time. There will be trials and errors, there will be growing pains, there will be huge successes, and probably (hopefully just a few) moments where we need to go back to the drawing board. BUT, if everyone has patience and faith that we’re working really hard to make this the BEST home for DC fans, I promise we’ll get there. Everyone has been so patient and has rolled with the punches so far, so I’d just ask that we keep that up!

B) The other thing I’d ask is that we keep the DC fandom doors WIDE open. I firmly believe that DC Comics is for everyone—full stop. I will never ever tolerate any kind of gatekeeping, ridiculing, or trolling—especially as it pertains to fandoms. It doesn’t matter if someone knows every detail of every storyline, or if someone has never opened a DC comic in their entire life…this community is big enough for all of us, so let’s welcome everyone in with open arms and high fives. In the words of Neil Gaiman…”some of you may have wandered here, out of curiosity, or perhaps intuition. However it is that you’ve come to be here…know that you are welcome.”

4. Sandman. Sandman Sandman Sandman Sandman. I can’t get enough Sandman.

5. Hmmmmm, might have to think on this one. Remind me next week, and I’ll have a proper Q to ask them…

I’m so glad you’re enjoying the recent updates and community crossovers! We were soo excited to go live with them, so I’m glad it’s paying off. Cheers to another year of DC awesomeness!

8 Likes

I like this question! I think currently, my favorite is Jurassic League…Batman and Joker as dinosaurs is just so fantastic to witness!

9 Likes

Hey there! Thanks for this question…I’ll start by saying I am really only privy to things that are related directly to DC Comics. While, of course, those shows stem from DC IP, they don’t fall directly within my “vertical” (the things I work on day-to-day). I also think your worries are totally valid—we all have so much love for these franchises and shows! All that being said, I really don’t know too much about what the future holds for DC Universe shows. These decisions are made waaaay above my pay grade, and typically fall within the theatrical and TV departments—so I’m really not looped into those conversations. However, I can say that there will always be more shows, movies, and content that will bring our favorite characters to life.

10 Likes

Oh I definitely can’t wait to read that when it comes to DC Universe! :batman: :t_rex:

7 Likes

Thanks as always for answering.

6 Likes

@Jitsu You might like it.

7 Likes

By any chance, did they ever give you a response on the Conner Hawke issues?

9 Likes

Hey everyone! Just a heads up that there will be no office hours this week (Tuesday, August 16). We’ll pick back up again next week–see you all then!

<3 Jitsu

9 Likes

Is the Psychology of Supervillains club still live?

7 Likes

Question for Tuesday, August 23rd:

Are there any plans to add DC Universe Infinite so that we can use it on an Amazon Kindle or Android tablet?

7 Likes

I’m feeling a bit concern with DC Universe Infinite, with HBO Max removing or canceling shows and movies, are all the comics will still continue to stay or will some comics will be remove?
I really would hate to see The Batman Adventures, Superman Adventures or any based on shows or kids friendly comic go. Thankyou.

7 Likes

On a more happy lighter question note,
With Batman The Animated Series turning 30 next month, any chances the missing issues of The Batman Adventures (#29-#36) be added?
If not can’t wait to see what’s coming in September. :blush:

5 Likes

Following up on this from April - how, if at all, has the merger and new management impacted DC Universe Infinite and these community forums - either positively or negatively?

8 Likes

Hope I’m not being annoying asking about this again. Could you please let me know if the person was able to get back to you on this?

7 Likes

Not annoying at all!

I dug into it a bit more, and from what I understand, because it was printed well before DC started digitizing books, it has yet to be prepped for digitization. It’s a somewhat lengthy process, and the teams have priority lists for what to digitize–so they just haven’t gotten to that book yet.

7 Likes

Generally speaking, DCUI and these community forums are business as usual for now. That may change in the coming months, but as of right now (as far as I have been made aware) these forums and DCUI will remain as they are for the time being!

9 Likes

Good question! I’ll ask around and see if I can track down info on those books!

7 Likes