Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Not a bad idea! The process of adding new books does take time and resources, so I’d just want everyone to be aware of that. But I’ll bring this idea up, and see what we may be able to do.

8 Likes

@Jitsu, how long do you wait before seeing a movie that you believe will have a big crowd?

6 Likes

Two questions:

1. Do you consider The Boys a show based on DC Comics?
  2. What are your top five TV shows based on DC Comics?
6 Likes

Hello @Jitsu :batman_hv_1:,
I’m really excited about more archives comic growing each month, will the number keep increasing at the end of each month? :grinning:

5 Likes

Hey J,

Something that I’ve wondered about: does the Content Team ever review and reconsider decisions that were made years ago, possibly by other people no longer with DC, regarding the content that is put on DCUI? One example of what I’m talking about would be the decision to keep Watchmen, Batman: The Killing Joke and Batman: Gotham by Gaslight off of DCUI. Another would be the decision not to put collected editions on DCUI, ones that include digitized issues that can only be found in those collections (Secret Society of Super-Villains, Night Force and Richard Dragon would be just a couple examples of these). Do these decisions ever get looked at with fresh eyes from time to time, or are they set in stone?

6 Likes

What are your thoughts on the Composite Superman from the Silver Age World’s Finest Comics and do you think he’s overdue for a comeback?

7 Likes

I LOVE Composite Superman! Would love to see him make a more modern return to the page.

7 Likes

My question (or I guess questions) for you, @Jitsu, are:

Who’s your favorite speedster?

Who’s your favorite Green Lantern?

6 Likes

Kinda sorta, but overall (IMO) not really. Since Dynamite took over so quickly after the comics first published, it kinda feels like the tone and character development are most credited to them.

1. Batman Animated Series
  2. Batman Beyond
  3. Peacemaker
  4. Watchmen
  5. Sandman :wink:

*I haven’t seen Sandman yet, but I’m sure it’s going to be amazing!

9 Likes

The short answer is yes! Decisions (not all of them, mind you) are reviewed as a normal/natural part of work. I certainly do with my own work, and I think its generally something that is done on a consistent basis. There are, however, decisions that (for good reasons!) have to be maintained over time. There may be a special case here and there where these decisions are reversed, but that’s usually not the case. Regarding the examples you cited–I have to imagine there are solid reasons those decisions have been locked in!

8 Likes

Barry Allen and John Stewart! They were my introduction to both families, so it’s tough to go back from there :smiley:

7 Likes

Great picks!

Mine are Bart Allen and Kyle Rayner!

6 Likes

I want to get into Connor Hawke’s run as Green Arrow. However a huge chunk of Green Arrow Vol 2 (where he did becomes GA) is missing from DCUI.

1. Do we know why that was purposely omitted?
  2. Is there a list somewhere of what is coming next or which comics are not coming to the platform due to certain reasons?
8 Likes

Not sure if it was purposeful or not, but I’ve just sent a message to the team to see what’s up with that missing book!

Yes! Keep an eye on this page for upcoming releases. However, there isn’t a list of books that are not coming to DCUI, as it’s a case-by-case basis, or because of special circumstances.

8 Likes

Appreciate the response. Have a nice rest of your day!

7 Likes

I’ve been sleeping on Batman Beyond, apparently! Going to check that out!

7 Likes

Hello @Jitsu,
I really like your new Avatar picture. :grinning:
I thought it was part of changing to DC Community avater, but couldn’t find it, when it comes, will there be The Penguin Avatar? Thankyou.

6 Likes

By any chance did you hear back from the team?

6 Likes

Hello @Jitsu :batman_hv_1:,
Will DC Universe Infinite be adding more graphic novel comics to DC Universe Infinite? It would be great to see The Killing Jokes, 3 Jokers & more. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Yes! We will be adding more GNs to DCUI–though I’m not positive which will be released when.

8 Likes