OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

A quick interlude to thank @movieaddict, @deku_, and @djd187.81432 for the kind words :slight_smile:
The thought was that this might make it a little easier for people to ask questions in a structured space. I hope it helps, and I’m so happy to see it getting positive response! :heart:

8 Likes

@Redhood.55520 asks:

“Do mods have an early screening of all the original shows?”

We do, to a limited degree! I’ve seen some snippets of upcoming shows, as well as episodes of Doom Patrol, and I gotta tell you- our original content is getting better and better.

12 Likes

Thanks Applejack. I’m usually out of questions, but I always have love for the Mods & site. Been fulfilled since day 1. Now it’s beyond what I expected.

4 Likes

@movieaddict asks:

“any chance of a live stream?”

It’s actually a feature we’re looking into! We’re currently focusing more on streamlining functionality on the service (search-ability, community features) as well as adding more platforms, but something like a live stream is indeed on the brain.

"Also, any chance of adding the Chuck comic mini-series? "

A bit like the Vertigo answer above, we’re focusing primarily on the OG DC Universe. this doesn’t mean “never”, but it’s less on the brain than a live stream :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@movieaddict asks:

“Just curious, not being pushy, but there are a few questions submitted. Do we need to re-submit?”

@movieaddict, not being pushy at all, that’s a fair question! And as you’ve probably seen by now, no need to resubmit! I go down the list and answer the questions one at a time :slight_smile: I can type pretty fast ;p

9 Likes

@djd187.81432, I love when fighters and martial artists crack their knuckles in movies. That’s when you know they’re getting serious.

6 Likes

@Reaganfan78 asks:

“So how long is the office hours open?”

I’m thinking an hour? At that point I start to get hungry for dinner! Could be shorter if there are no questions one week, or longer if many questions need answering (I’ll order in those days).

7 Likes

Haha yep & if they wipe blood off their lips & stare at opponents it’s showtime!!!

3 Likes

Especially if they look at it first.

2 Likes

@djd187.81432, oh man, that look of “you made me bleed? You’re in trouble now!” Classic.

4 Likes

This is a great thread. Have to thank you again!!! Also, I can’t tell you how happy I am to see the desire for a live stream is there. I have tons of scheduling ideas, so if you guys ever need any, just ask :grinning:LOL

4 Likes

Bruce Lee’s blood wipe plus stares were legendary

3 Likes

@movieaddict, when I passed your question along to double check, I actually wasn’t expecting that answer. I’m excited, thanks for asking!

5 Likes

Thankyou for answering my questions Applejack! :smiley:

4 Likes

I just know I’m gonna have 85 questions after this ends. I know you won’t have an answer, but I really want it so I’m asking. Will Wonder Woman ever get a solo animated series on here? What about animated versions of Wonder Woman 77?

7 Likes

Hi @Applejack (great job!)

How does DCU prioritize the app enhancement requests? What factors in to the decision making process?

7 Likes

@movieaddict asks:

“Will Wonder Woman ever get a solo animated series on here? What about animated versions of Wonder Woman 77?”

I haven’t heard anything yet about that, and I know Wonder Woman licensing (and the Trinity in general) is tied up in a LOT of places. Which is why we get great opportunities to play with some other properties! But those are awesome ideas and I’ll definitely log them.

And to your point about having more questions after I’ve gone home for the night, that’s totally fine! Add them all and I’ll get back to them next Thursday, or beforehand if I get a minute :slight_smile: Your questions can only help anyone else wondering the same things.

5 Likes

I’ve loved WW since I was 3, and she always seems to be ignored. Lynda Carter was my introduction and it’s still my favorite show of all time. Any WW is greatly appreciated, but I don’t think I’ll ever get enough. As for other properties, Doom Patrol was my biggest surprise. I had never heard of them before Titans and it is my favorite episode of Titans. Really looking forward to the series next week. Love this app so much and hope you all know everything you guys do is so appreciated. Have a great night. I’m off every other Thursday, so I’ll be on at least that often…

7 Likes

This is so awesome @applejack! I think that maybe my questions may have been glossed over if you are going down the list. I’ll repost it. Or maybe I just missed your answer.

This is such a fantastic idea!! DC continues to amaze me with it’s desire to listen to their fans.

I have a few questions, first will the amazon and Roku apps be updated to include things like the skip intro feature any time soon? Would it be possible to get any hints of what future functionality features might be in store for the app?

Lastly will DC Universe ever switch up its release timetables for its live action original content? For example, could season 2 of Titans release multiple episodes a week, like Young Justice or maybe even full or half season drops like Netflix? I know those questions are likely unable to be answered at this time but I thought I would ask.

Thank you again for being such a receptive company :slight_smile:

5 Likes

One last quick question, I know we’re still in early February, any plans for March on what movies or shows comes out?:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes