OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

@Davidbizzarr1000 There are already some available on the WB YouTube channel Beyond the Lot.

2 Likes

Hey @Applejack! I was wondering if you could provide some numbers of about how many entries you get every week for the sweepstakes? Just curious what a general average is for each week

2 Likes

Hi @Applejack
Any chance of the documentary “Necessary Evil” coming to the service any time soon?

3 Likes

:notes:It’s time to play the music, it’s time to light the light, it’s time to get things started on Office Hour tonight!..:notes::frog::bear::pig:

5 Likes

Oh haaai everyone! Oh my GOSH do I love the Muppets intro!! Thanks for getting us off on the right foot, @Reaganfan78 :smiley:

I’m just going to grab my requisite snacks and will be back in a jiffy!

3 Likes

All riiiight!
tenor

For those who might be asking a question for the first time, you should know! Questions are answered in the order they are received. This means if you asked a question last week, it’s getting answered foist. If you asked a question about 5 minutes ago, it’s getting answered larst.

Make sense? Who knows! Let’s get started :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@mikebaldwin, I’m so sorry I missed this! Office Hours is only once a week, and I don’t monitor the incoming questions; “we’ll do it live!” as I like to say.

I hope you were able to snag a ticket, and if you didn’t, please stay tuned for more nationwide opportunities like BoP screenings in the future!

2 Likes

@Aquamon can tell you I was once a formidable Pokémon GO contender. But those days are behind me, and I have grown soft, and weak… but I was definitely inspired by that badge system, and the thinking behind Pokémon! Good eye :smiley:

2 Likes

Cheeky! What’s stopping you?

2 Likes

:sob::sob: BRB!

4 Likes

Immediately printed and put on my inspiration wall- thank you so, so much!!

8 Likes

Cool! :grinning:And you’re welcome.

2 Likes

Hehehehe…

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :smirk: :smirk:

2 Likes

YOU KNOW IT! Details aren’t coming SOON, but sooniiiish.

5 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking: Well ONE, how often does the repeat quote happen? Do you mean the same quote over and over, or roughly the same 50 over and over? I don’t have an official thread going like the badges or emojis, but perhaps we should start one! My concern there is that I don’t quite have my eye on getting those quotes into Kelex anytime soon (it’s more of a pain than it should be), so I’m afraid it would be misleading to start a topic then never get anywhere. See: The sluggish pace of results from the Print-To-Digital topic. How about you DM it to me and I’ll keep it in my inbox as a reminder, until I feel good about a topic being proactive?

1 Like

Hahaha, I didn’t see past the lifting of the hot dog before I posted it- the wolfing down + lightning was a treat for us all!!

3 Likes

My idea of soon may be different than your idea of soon! If it is before May it is soon to me :wink: Promise me it is before May! :smiley:

2 Likes

I haven’t read beyond this initial thought-starter, so I apologize if this is already being hotly debated and I’m being redundant of anything that follows. I’ll continue to chime in if the topic continues.

I always get squeamish about too much parsing. Much of what is a delight about being a part of a community is being exposed to ideas, attitudes, and people that you wouldn’t have encountered if you were carving out your own very safe and specific path. This is why something like an entire section where only the…let’s call them… High Heat Heads would go, would end up cultivating an insular echo chamber, rather than “mixin’ it up”, as… I …put in quotes, apparently.

However, a topic that has a little “flame” icon to indiciate a “High Heat” topic in the General/Everything Area, or a Discordant tag, might help with treading lightly. Certainly that Amber Heard topic the mods are lurking would be one I’d flame up.

Anyhoo, these are my initial, “Hi I’m answering questions at a rapid fire pace after work” thoughts are. I like the seed plant, though. I don’t immediately reject the general notion of “make discordant conversations known”. Also helpful for trigger warning conversations.

7 Likes

Honestly OmniLad, I think you hit the nail on the head. I don’t think words alone get it right, ever. That’s why we developed these microexpressions, body language, vocal intonation. When all of that is stripped away, we project what we THINK is intention on what we’re reading. That actually makes the use of emojis and GIFs potentially crucial to online conversations, however cheesy they might be.

I guess this isn’t a question, but a good contribution to what I think is an important conversation.

4 Likes