OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Great question- let me ask around internally how broadly I can share this (for example, can it go on the “Coming Soon & Last Chance” topics), but for now I will tell you that on 1/1/20:

is coming from the archives :slight_smile:

5 Likes

/strokes beard

2 Likes

Great question! Ultimately it doesn’t matter: What’s really important is your contact information (aka, e-mail address). The rest will be confirmed when you are inevitably selected as the lucky winner!

4 Likes

Another great question! I recently painfully did something similar. I found a local comic book shop (Shout out to Pulp Fiction Comics in Culver City) that sells used books (not that mine even slightly resemble being used, mind you, I treat my books better than I would my children), and they promised to sell them to a good home.

There are also organizations like 826LA that have chapters across the nation that joyfully accept donations of books in the interest of teaching underprivileged children writing and literacy through storytelling.

Barring that, any local educators would be hungry to take them off your hands. I could also see someone like you ceremoniously presenting them to a classroom and blowing their tiny minds with awesome knowledge about the treasure trove they are about to plunge into.

The troops overseas always love a good comic as well. There are a bunch of organizations that will gladly help you compile a care package!

There are also children’s shelters that I bet would go bonkers for a collection like this. And it’s a great time of year to share the love.

Please let us know what you decide to do!

4 Likes

You are eerily close!! Replace coffee with tea, water, or soda (can’t do caffeine too late) and “It’s showtime” with “All riiiiiiight!” (a la Linda from Bob’s Burgers) and you’ve nailed it <3

I have a feeling I’m going to start saying “It’s showtime!” now, though… (And thinking of Beetlejuice while I do it)

4 Likes

HRM. I never thought about those who have paid for 12 months, in months. Would be a shame for you to miss out on the sweet Year One badge. Will investigate further.

4 Likes

Oh, don’t worry Murray, I knew you’d get to it. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m glad that my wording is akin to that of the professional prose of DCU. I like words.

…and The Wizard of Oz!

Thanks @Applejack!

BTW, that Shelbyville reference to a previous question was very cromulent. Nicely done!

4 Likes

Where is the appropriate place to cry if I’m not picked for DCYOU Unscripted?

5 Likes

54 items!

2 Likes

:frowning:I’m so sorry @HubCityQuestion, I sure would’ve like your show.

2 Likes

I said IF. But, you know. Law of averages.

4 Likes

Man, it would have been so much more poetic if the answer was 52.

3 Likes

Oh, ok. :slightly_smiling_face: Still I hope you win!

2 Likes

:frowning_face: Anywhere you dang well please, HCQ. And if anyone gives you guff, send them to me.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s what I meant.

4 Likes

A few quick inquiries about DCU:

1. I hear those things are awfully loud!
  2. Is there a chance the track could bend?
  3. What about us brain-dead slobs?
  4. Were you sent here by the devil?
  5. The ring came off my pudding can!
  6. But Main Street’s still all cracked and broken!
6 Likes

Merry Christmas, Applejack. Have a great week.

2 Likes

It glides as softly as a cloud!

Not on your life, my Book Club friend!

You’ll be given cushy jobs!

No good sir, I’m on the level.

Take my pen-knife, my good man!

Sorry AlexanderKnox, the mob has spoken!

11 Likes

Same to you, @ralphsix :slight_smile: See you around the block!

3 Likes

All right boils and ghouls, I think that wraps it up for me. Lots of deep dive questions that had me pecking for answers like a regular sleuth.

I have a few items on my to-do list:

“Are we looking into 2 forms of payment/back-up payment method, or manual payment?”
“Can annual badges be assigned to those who had 12 1-month subs?”
“Can we announce archive comics being digitized one month in advance?”

Plus a handful of features to add to consideration for our next round of buttoning up the Community environment.

Thank you all, as always, for keeping us sharp and honest. I’ll still pop in for a bit next Thursday night :slight_smile: Have a great one out there- Myself, I’ll be humming ‘Monorail’ all the way home!

10 Likes