OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

No better way to start us off than with a classic DC commercial!

5 Likes

Hi again! I hope you’ve all been doing your best to stay safe and sane.

Welcome to another edition of Office Hours! If you have asked a question here, it will get answered in the order it was received, in full digital glory!

I have a pending thingie from last week, let me just rustle that up…

7 Likes

@Mae Hope you are feeling better. :sunglasses: :+1:
If I could catch the joy I had in keeping my one point streak per trivia go around I’d be happy to share. Or, do you perhaps like brownies? I can also share one. :superman_hv_4:

4 Likes

Only one thing for me to do here… :wink:

9 Likes

I know you always deliver, @Razzzcat! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Heya DSA! I have a suggestion for ya, let me know if it works:

4 Likes

@DeSade-acolyte, notice how above, on the “Psychology of Supervillains Club” post, you can now click that little arrow, and it will expand the full view?

All that was done was the body of the text was deleted, creating the following:

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 6.11.03 PM

This is a temporary workaround, as I believe the goal was to have something of a “preview text” available. But hopefully this helps in the immediate :slight_smile:

7 Likes

dawwwww!!!

5 Likes

I have all the emotional accessories!

8 Likes

Eep! You give me a lot of credit for mental capacity! With all the tiny tasks flying around, it is very difficult to individually curate a community experience for each member- but luckily we have some really great watching/tracking systems, which you can find in that little “bell” icon on categories and topics. By “Watching” the Watchtower, you’re guaranteed to receive every announcement we make that benefits ALL members! You’ll also be able to get all the carefully crafted details we want everyone to have, instead of the weird chicken peck “club open” you might get from me, that will ultimately redirect you back there, anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Hey @Applejack, I figured on a night like this, you could use a little Connie Francis:

1 Like

The packages we create are made in the offices, which the entire staff has not had access to since March 10th 2020, and have been told we will not have access to again in 2020. There are not packages that are ready to go. But the virtual work that moderators can do is pay attention to the positive, uplifting, kind, and proactive people that we see in the forums so that when we are ready to go back into the office, we can get back to it :slight_smile:

9 Likes

We don’t actually have a super clear way to contact the editorial staff, but send it on over to the moderation team- they’ll route it to the right folks!

3 Likes

Connie may be looking for love, but Janet is looking for trade.

(Yes, that’s right. Tonight’s Office Hours is getting some Rocky Horror sequel tunes.)

3 Likes

Let’s be clear, every Office Hours is better than the last.

To make sure the i’s and t’s have been dealt with, have you tried to trigger this by quoting a reply? I figure you have, but just in case. Once you confirm this we can get down to brass tax.

Roughly every 3 months. I don’t quite recall the… blurred but grey experience you’re referring to though… but you should actually see some new updates this week! Just waiting for all devices to populate before we hit the button :slight_smile:

What device do you use most to access the Community? Folks on mobile will notice the updates much more readily.

I know, I know! It’s this one! :superman_hv_4: Nothing gets past me.

Have you ever noticed you can make something EXTRA, EXTRA, EXTRA blurry?

You are very welcome, and thank you for sharing the classics!!

4 Likes

I haven’t! With Jonah Hex upon us, perhaps it’s time to get in the spirit.

7 Likes

Welp.
:rofl:

One day I will do myself the courtesy of reading these things in advance. Maybe my response kind of helped?

For anyone who wants to know what DSA’s solution looks like:

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 6.26.08 PM

6 Likes

Try it out on desktop. After you register for your account, you’ll be taken to a payment page. In that payment page, there is a section that asks you to “Add a promo or gift card”. Plop it on in there!

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 6.29.14 PM

5 Likes

6 Likes

C.! I like to think we’re all hanging out in a really cool refurbished basement with our action figures spilled out on the floor and all the stuff we share here playing in the background.

9 Likes