OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Probably the traditional way, through press releases disseminated through official outlets.

Nothing has changed since we last established the relationship; agreed upon shows like Doom Patrol will release at the same time on both platforms, and HBO Max will have its own set of exclusives. Any other announcements will happen in the Watchtower first, I won’t be able to break any news here before those roll out.

There’s TONS of discussions about how we can serve the public during what I affectionately call “Q-tine”. We’ve put content in front of the paywall like DC Daily Comic Book Club and some select episodes, I believe. The big thing they’re leaning into is getting the talent appearances for Fan Q&As available here in Community, which the general population can access for free, freeee!

Not public lists; that’s on the roadmap, but the complexity of the feature requires long term development. But it is something that is continually serviced, and the group is aware of the demand. There is very strong demand for list customization, a la Spotify; that may come before public lists, which leads me to answering “what leads you to wanting to make those updates”. When it comes to Community, it’s based on member feedback. A long time ago I remember @Don-El saying that the black backgrounds made him feel like he was “staring into the void”. That really stuck with me. But all those topics in Suggestion Box the moderators compile. Over time we measure frequency and intensity of the ask. If something is a pain point (like navigation) we take all the difference pieces of feedback and group them into “like” requests. We then estimate what a solution that can manage all those requests would be. The “Home” button ended being a very simple solution.

We are constantly doing maintenance on comic book and video functionality that isn’t seen to the user; but a good person to ask about the comic book section would be Aric, who spearheaded the new filters and is doing a Q&A here next Wednesday!

For anyone who is passionate about seeing features on the service, you cannot miss the opportunity to submit your thoughts in that Q&A.

4 Likes