Welcome, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 56 of Obscurity of DC’s Ultr-Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be concluding a 2-week focus on…
AGE SUGGESTION: 17+
Number of Issues: 5 (Please only read issues 6-10)
Synopsis from dcuniverseinfinite.com: When the Department of Homeland Security approaches Marine Biologist Lee Archer for help with a new threat, she finds herself plunged into the depths of the Arctic Circle to a secret, underwater oil rig where they discovered something miraculous and terrifying.
Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:
- In Issue 6, we shift protagonists from Dr. Lee Archer to Leeward. What is the significance of the change of protagonist and what is the connection Leeward has to Lee Archer?
- After the Mer sank the coastal cities and took over the oceans. How has humanity adapted in this new world and in what ways does it influence Leeward journey in the story?
- What is the motivation of Captain Mary in The Wake? Why does he want to help Leeward complete her quest in finding Lee Archer?
- The later half of the series shows the Mer in a more sympathetic light than the early issues where they were more vicious monsters. Do you like viewing the Mer this way, and if yes, was this characterization hinted early on in the series?
- What was the significance of tears had in the revelations in issue 10 that changes humanity and the Mer at the end series? Furthermore, in what way does it change Leeward?
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!