Obscurity of DC Presents: Ultra-bscure Book Club, Week 51 (December 10-December 16) --- BROTHER POWER, THE GEEK!

Welcome, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Obscurity of DC’s fifty-first Ultr-Obscure Book Club! This week will be a mini, and we’ll be focusing on…

BROTHER POWER, THE GEEK!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 17+

Number of Issues: 1

Synopsis from dcuniverseinfinite.com: Fighting against corruption and greed, Brother Power, a.k.a. the Geek, stands for peace, love and universal harmony. But slowly, the Geek descends into everything he had so adamantly stood against. On the path to redemption, the Geek must reclaim his lost innocence while battling the diabolical Dr. Cull and his agents of corruption.

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. What do you think is the significance of the dollhouse/Brother Power’s ramblings in the beginning of the issue? Explain.
  2. Brother Power claims to hate being called a geek, yet his codename is The Geek. Why do you think this is?
  3. While it’s clear that Mr. Cull has no regard for Geek’s safety/well-being, do you think he actually wants to see Geek hurt? Explain.

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

1 Like

This is such a weird tale. It was a interesting read. I feel like I’m missing details from it, so if anyone has something to add upon my post. Please feel free to chime in. :laughing:

1. The only thing I could definitely give from this explanation is that the thing what Brother Power The Geek stood for Peace, love, and universal harmony are now being perverted by corrupted and greed. This is his nightmare of his once noble powers being used by Dr. Abuse/Mr. Cull.
  1. He was called the geek as a derogatory statement. (Fun fact he would have been called Freak, but they believed it would tie-in with a drug name at the time) and in this story I believed he wanted to improve himself but those like Lord Sliderule who look down on him to call him geek.
  1. Mr. Cull hates Brother Power. He’s his exact opposite where Brother Power represents love, he respects all the bad stuff and feelings we have about ourselves and others. He wants to corrupt Brother Power.
1 Like

Great answers!

1 Like