Welcome, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Obscurity of DC’s forty-sixth Ultr-Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…
AGE SUGGESTION: 17+
Number of Issues: 6
Synopsis from dcuniverseinfinite.com: In a crazed future where unhinged technologies and interconnected parallel Earths have given rise to a spectacular class of super-criminal, the most beloved celebrities aren’t actors or rock stars, but the bounty hunters who traverse an exotic multiverse in search of impossible prey! But when the spotlight-shunning, strait-laced tracer known as Tab finds herself in an ultra-violent race for her greatest prize yet, she’s forced to work with her greatest enemy, the only person capable of IDing him: her own elderly, overbearing and hypercritical mother, who was once the most fabulous and celebrated bounty hunter of them all.
Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:
- Despite being a bounty hunter, Tab tends to be very respectful and use proper manners (at least at first). How does this contribute to the complexity of her character and the series as a whole?
- Simon Spurrier (the writer of the series) curses very often and very excessively. Do you find there to be reason behind the profanity, or is it just there for #funzies? Explain.
- How do you think the flashbacks impacted the story? Did you enjoy them? Were they necessary? Explain.
- Do you think Selena cares more about Tab or fame? Explain.
- Why do you think the series is called “Motherlands?” How does family play a role in the series?
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!