Obscurity of DC Presents: Ultra-bscure Book Club, Week 4 (November 27-December 3) --- JURASSIC LEAGUE!

Welcome, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Obscurity of DC’s fourth Ultr-Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…

JURASSIC LEAGUE!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+

Number of Issues: 6

Not-so-brief description from dc.com: You know the story: an infant escapes the destruction of its home planet and is deposited on Earth to be raised by human parents. A goddess from a lost city defends truth. A Tyrannosaurus rex dons the visage of a bat to strike fear into evildoers’ hearts. This heroic trinity, alongside a league of other super-powered dinosaurs, join forces to save a prehistoric Earth from the sinister machinations of Darkseid. Wait…what? Okay, maybe you don’t know the story. So join us and bear witness to a brand-new-yet older than time-adventure and experience the Justice League as you have never seen them before!

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. Why do you think Juan Gedeon (the creator of the series) decided to only use the six members of the JL that they did when there are so many other great members of the canon Justice League?
  2. Why do you think some characters (for example, Robin) were kept human?
  3. Did you think it was right for Batsaur to turn his back on the team? Why or why not?
  4. Did you expect Supersaur’s? Did you think it was a good idea? Please explain.
  5. Who was your favorite member of the Jurassic League? Why?

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

8 Likes

@MatthewHecht

3 Likes

Here’s some appreciation for the lettering of #1

The “HaHaHa”s for the Joker are tried and true, but are still very effective.

I love this introduction. It feels like a new Super Smash Bros. character was introduced.

The letters jumping outside of the word balloon do a great job of emphasizing Batsaur’s pain.

I love the lettering following the batarang.

Batsaur’s lettering jumping out of the word balloon contrasts greatly with Jokerzard’s tiny lettering.

5 Likes

This is one of those titles that I approached with skepticism but ended up really enjoying. I don’t have any idea how they managed to pull off a dino Justice League, but they somehow took a very silly premise and make it into a great run. There was still a lot of silliness in it, but somehow there was enough gravitas in balance to make it all work.

I didn’t think about this until you pointed it out. It definitely added to the story and the setting in a big way.

3 Likes