Obscurity of DC Presents: Ultra-bscure Book Club, Week 37 (August 27-September 2) --- STRANGE SPORTS STORIES!

Welcome, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Obscurity of DC’s thirty-seventh Ultr-Obscure Book Club! This week will be a mini Ultra-bscure Book Club, and we’ll be focusing on…

STRANGE SPORTS STORIES!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 17+

Number of Issues: 3

Synopsis from dcuniverseinfinite.com: Comics’ top talents, including some making their Vertigo debut, take on the classic DC Comics anthology title for four issues of strange, scary, sexy and sensational sports stories.

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. The “Strange Sports Stories” series often takes sports to extraordinary and bizarre levels. Which specific story stands out to you as the most creatively reimagined sport, and what elements of it made it particularly memorable?
  2. Crossovers can be a real treat in this series, where characters from different genres interact within a sports context. If you could pair up characters from different comics in a “Strange Sports Stories” issue, who would you choose and what kind of wacky sport would they compete in?
  3. Which of the stories was your favorite? Why?

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

4 Likes

Weird, I think Sportsmaster would love this! :grinning::basketball::volleyball::football::baseball::soccer::bowling::tennis::ice_hockey::ping_pong::boxing_glove::goal_net::golf:

2 Likes

I’m going to check this out—seems like something I’d enjoy. :purple_heart: I’ve seen a couple recently in your club selections, actually.

1 Like

Awesome! I hope you like it!!

1 Like

Oooh, I just noticed the 17+!! Now, I’m even more curious! :laughing:

1 Like

Me to the letter lol

1 Like