Obscurity of DC Presents: Ultra-bscure Book Club, Week 36 (August 20-August 26) --- JOKER: KILLER SMILE!

Welcome, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Obscurity of DC’s thirty-sixth Ultr-Obscure Book Club! This week will be the first-ever MINI Ultra-bscure Book Club, and we’ll be focusing on…

JOKER: KILLER SMILE!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 17+

Number of Issues: 3

Synopsis from dc.com: Everyone knows The Joker doesn’t have the most promising history with psychotherapists. In fact, no one’s even been able to diagnose him. But that doesn’t matter to Dr. Ben Arnell; he’s determined to be the one to unravel this unknowable mind. And there’s no way The Joker could ever get through the therapeutic walls Ben has built around himself. Right? There’s no way The Joker’s been entering his house at night…right? There’s no way The Joker has stood over his son’s bed and put that book in his hands, the one with the, the, the…

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. Despite having Joker as the titular character, Joker: Killer Smile seems to focus more on Dr. Ben Arnell. Why do you think that is?
  2. Throughout the series, we see many moments and references to moments in The Joker’s long history, such as his Joker Fish and the murder of Jason Todd. Why do you think these specific scenes were chosen? Do you think there were any that should’ve been added? Which moment was your favorite? Explain.
  3. Throughout the series, we see Dr. Ben Arnell slowly go crazy as he frequently hallucinates and forgets important details. What do you think drives Dr. Arnell to his newfound insanity? Explain.

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

5 Likes

This artwork, though… wow. It truly embodies psycho energy lol… sooo creepy

3 Likes

ikr!!

2 Likes

It’s been a while, but I remember liking this a whole lot more than I expected myself to.

2 Likes