Welcome, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Obscurity of DC’s twentieth Ultr-Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…
GOTHAM CITY GARAGE
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+
Number of Books: 1 (Please only read Vol. 1)
Description from dc.com: It’s been decades since Governor Lex Luthor turned Gotham City into a modern utopia, saving his people from devastation. But his city isn’t for everyone. If the Lexes Network misfires, and a citizen wakes up and steps out of line, the Bat and his minions are brutal in restoring the status quo. So when young Kara Gordon rushes headlong into the Freescape, she’s shocked to find Gotham City Garage—where new friends might become family, if she lives long enough!
Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:
- How do you interpret the series’ central themes of resistance, rebellion, and empowerment, and what do you think it says about contemporary society?
- How do the characters in Gotham City Garage subvert traditional superhero archetypes, and what does this add to the overall narrative?
- How does the series explore issues of gender and sexuality, and what does it contribute to the larger conversation about representation in comics?
- How does the series handle issues of morality and ethics, and how do the characters navigate complex moral dilemmas?
- How does Gotham City Garage challenge traditional notions of heroism and villainy, and what does this say about the nature of good and evil?
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!