Obscurity of DC Presents: Obscure Book Club, Week 99 (February 25-March 2) --- LEVI KAMEI!

Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 99 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week will be the start of a 2-week focus on…

LEVI KAMEI!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+

Number of Issues: 8 (Please only read issues 1-8)

Description from dc.fandom.com: After visiting his home and family in India, Levi grew connected to the Green, becoming the new Swamp Thing. He is still learning to grasp his power and what it means to be the new avatar of the Green.

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. In issue 1, we see Levi’s visions during his first transformation-ish-thing. Why do you think Levi envisioned so much death?
  2. Why do you think The Pale Wanderer agreed to help Levi?
  3. One big difference between Levi’s Swamp Thing and Alec Holland’s Swamp Thing is Levi’s ability to turn back into human form. Do you like this distinction? Why or why not?
  4. In issue 3, we see Levi’s brain while he transforms into Swamp Thing. What role do you think nature plays in his transformation? What does it symbolize? Explain.
  5. Throughout the comics, we see Alec Holland become a mentor to Levi, both teaching him about the green and training him How does this affect the story. Do you enjoy the dynamic between the two? Explain.

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

2 Likes

Love Levi Kamei. His introduction in the first arc of Ram V’s Swamp Thing is great.

3 Likes

He’s really an amazing character! This was actually my first introduction to him, and I read all 8 of the issues on which we’re focusing in one sitting lol

2 Likes

Okay I’m sold. Reading this next

2 Likes

That’s awesome! I can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

3 Likes