Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 92 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…
BLACK GLOVE/CLUB OF VILLAINS!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+
Number of Issues: 6
Description from dc.fandom.com: The Club of Villains was group of obscure villains gathered together under the guidance of Doctor Hurt, who organized them to bring down Batman and his allies as well. The Black Glove is a criminal organization apparently led by Doctor Simon Hurt. Consisting mostly of rich men and women of a villainous nature (such as corrupt dictators and amoral millionaires), the Black Glove meets rarely, perhaps once a year, to bet on a life-and-death struggle brought upon some third party by the Black Glove.
Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:
- While most villains tend to fight Batman physically, the Black Glove and Club of Villains seem to only be interested in defeating him psychologically. Why do you think that is? In your opinion, does the psychological battle make the story more compelling or more repelling? Explain.
- The only link between the Black Glove and the Club of Villains is Dr. Simon Hurt, who is the founder and leader of both teams. Why do you think he decided to keep the groups separate instead of combining the two powerful forces?
- Why do you think both teams were so dead-set on destroying Batman and his allies?
- Who was your favorite member of the Club of Villains? How about from the Black Glove? Explain.
- Did you prefer the Club of Villains or the Black Glove? Explain.
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!