Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 79 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+
Number of Issues: 6
Description from dc.fandom.com: Vartox is an alien super-hero from the planet Valeron, and a friend and ally to Superman. He has a wide array of Hyper-Powers he acquired in his youth, and describes himself as a Hyper-Man. These include powers similar to Superman’s, as well as the ability to convert himself into energy and control objects with his mind. His appearance is a reference to Sean Connery’s role in the film Zardoz.
Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:
- Vartox is considered to be a… weirder hero. What aspects of his character factor in to this label? Explain.
- Vartox is considered to be a hero. However, throughout this series, we see evidence both supporting and rejecting this idea. Do you see Vartox as a hero, villain, or anti-hero? Explain.
- Obviously, Oreth Odeox is the antagonist of the story. However, his feud seems to be mainly with Vartox (at least at first). Do you think this rivalry is justified? Explain.
- Why do you think Harley Quinn and Power Girl were so deadset on saving Vartox?
- How do you think Vartox gained so many followers? Would you follow Vartox? Why or why not?
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!