Obscurity of DC Presents: Obscure Book Club, Week 77 (September 24-September 30) --- THE FAN!

Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 77 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…

THE FAN!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+

Number of Issues: 5

Description from dc.fandom.com: The Fan is a human from Prime Earth. He served as an antagonist to the Justice League and was an obsessive fan of theirs, trying to push them over the edge, believing that he was doing it for their own benefit.

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. Do you think The Fan genuinely believes he is helping the Justice League, or do you think he uses that as an excuse to commit his crimes? Explain.
  2. One uncommon thing about The Fan is that we never learn his full name. Why do you think his true identity is kept a secret from the readers?
  3. Assuming the Justice League was right, and The Fan was trying to kill the “B-Team,” which members do you think were meant to survive? Explain.
  4. What are your thoughts about the death of The Fan? Elaborate.
  5. Why do you think Deathstroke was the one to kill The Fan?

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

5 Likes

Looks like Tim Drake. I’m going to check him out.

3 Likes

I honestly didn’t see the resemblance until you just pointed it out lol

3 Likes

Well I’m now a fan of The Fan, he look so futuristicly awesome! :smiley:

3 Likes

I really liked him! He’s a pretty complex character too!

3 Likes

Finally finished this one!

He’s genuinely believes he’s helping them by using violence against people who don’t like them, however he was also an psychopath who wanted excuses to kill random people because he has no morality about the well-being of others, just his belief in the league.

I like to think besides making sure nobody knew he was, The fan was also written to be a nobody in life whose actions can be duplicated by anyone who hero worships the justice league and take their obsession to the extreme all while pretending it is Justice.

I assume Cyborg and the new green Lanterns like Simon Baz. He could have prejudices against young superheroes and legacy ones. People who make him mad because they are new and people he can never be.

Well deserved.

He had no responsibility to anything he done and nearly ruined their reputation with his appropriating of their looks while killing people. Fan even mentions with Aquaman he knew too much and had to die because he was too deep and was a problem for them.

let’s be clear, Deathstroke actions were selfish. He knew the Fan might have studied files on the league to include him in there him as well which was motivation enough to kill him, but also to be vindictive and make the league angry knowing that he killed someone in front of them but also with the knowledge that the League might secretly appreciate Deathstroke for Killing him.

2 Likes

Amazing answers!

1 Like