Obscurity of DC Presents: Obscure Book Club, Week 70 (August 6-August 12) --- THE SOUP!

Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 70 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…

THE SOUP!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 15+

Number of Issues: 6

Description from comicvine.gamespot.com: The Soup is one of The Otherkind, beings made of pure magic and the source of it on Earth.

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. Why do you think The Soup was so dead-set on destroying the demons? Do you think he had a reason? Explain.
  2. In issue 7, we see The Soup inflict fear upon demons devoid of that sensation. Do you think Batman is interested in learning? How do you think he did that? Was it a superpower? Was he just that intimidating? Explain.
  3. The Soup is typically only seen speaking when it adds creepiness to the story. Why do you think this is? Do you find it to be more compelling? Explain.
  4. Some readers believe The Soup works under Upside-Down Man. Do you see The Soup as one of Upside-Down Man’s subordinates, or is The Soup an equal to Upside-Down Man? Explain.
  5. Despite being liquid, The Soup is most definitely not soup. Why do you think James Tynion IV (the character’s creator) decided to name him “The Soup?”

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

6 Likes

Now I’m hungry!:laughing::bowl_with_spoon: Clam Chowder soup is the best.:blush:

2 Likes

Lmfaoooo!!

2 Likes

@MiscellaneousSoup brought this character to my attention, and is (I guess) part of this character, so hi!!

3 Likes

Hi! And I completely forgot about this character.

2 Likes

Lol! Welcome to the discussion!

2 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes